PRC168 - We All Live in A Silver Submarine (Kirby Canvas Curse)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 168

PRCv7-12

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

After my first victory (by default) I decided to let the theme from PRC167 be X Hunter Stage from Mega Man X2. Two remixers came up with a song: OneUp and Showroom Dummy. With Showroom Dummy winning PRC167 he won the right to choose the theme for PRC168.

This thread is also posted in the Renoise Forum.

PRC Classic of the two weeks

This time I picked a theme which almost was the theme of two PRC's. Not so long ago Showroom Dummy wanted to chose Kirby Superstar Revenge of Metaknight as theme, but he forgot Moseph already selected this tune for PRC73. The results where as followed.

Winner: Hemophiliac: The Pink Blues

2nd: V_Gasm: Indian Karate

3rd: Gimgak: Crash Down by Sun Down

More information can be found at Doulifee's Place.

This rounds source

This round, Showroom Dummy selected the source.

"Hello

I selected my song. "Silver submarine" in Kirby Canvas Curse. It was great game, very fun and the stylus works great, also the music was all classic kirby happy and nice :)

I believe this is a link:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/ds/tk_11_silversubmarine.mid

have fun!"

PRC168.jpg

Kirby Canvas Curse (DS) - Silver Submarine

MID

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by Monday April March 19th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part, but he/she can enter a Bonus Mix and she/he has a vote that counts twice.

The Remix deadline will be the second Monday after posting the round from now on

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Welcome to the voting stage

The deadline has passed, you can't submit a song anymore. If you want to add a Bonus Track, just post it in this thread.

The mixing stage is over. There are 3 entries and 1 bonus mix.

It's not allowed to vote Showroom Dummy first or second.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second, leave the third box empty or vote for Showroom Dummy.

- State a reasoning for it.

- It's not allowed to vote for yourself.

Participants can vote, but it doesn't matter for the results.

The winner from the last round, Showroom Dummy, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, April 21st at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC169 which is going to start Thursday (not Friday)

The songs:

JerryTerry - Scrap Silver

OneUp - Kirby Urusai

Bonus Mix:

Showroom Dummy - Sid Kirby

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 3 (1 Bonus)

Total number of votes - 2

Maximum Score - 6

Minimum Score - 4

Showroom Dummy submitted a Bonus, it can't win the contest.

And PRC168's winners are OneUp and JerryTerry with 5 points!

Congratulations both, Chickenwarlord and me didn't vote for the same person, which means there are two winners.

You may both select the source for PRC169 (OneUp already did that). Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM, PM @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer PM @Ocremix) before next Thursday, April 22nd at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc