LEGO Island: Brick By Brick (Jungle ReMix)

loomcore

I'd say this is pretty goddamn epic.

My advice: ditch the corny intro and refine some of the volume levels. The elements are really competing to overthrow one another, especially early on in the song, it seems that everything is set at MAXORZ and rarely changes. Simply finding a way to vary the volume levels throughout, or at least finding a better balance between the piano, synth, and drum line, would expand this arrangement a great deal.

I really like the groovy feeling that the vocals bring, their rhythm and pacing really brings a smooth element to this piece.

Hah, the source is pretty catchy.

I'm not completely sure about the intro needing to be cut. You just need to incorporate it in a better way. Take for instance Intense Color, which starts with the intro and then weirdly fades into the remix.

Nice beats and piano, it really nails the rave vibe here. The robo-chorus vocals fight for attention with the filtered lady vocals, and when both are on I prefer just hearing the filtered vocals. But the robo vocals are fine on the solo parts.

You have a nice groove going on, but you can do something more than the usual chord progression, like having a synth play the melody instead of relying on the vocals to carry it all the time, and improvise on it. Vary the breaks by shuffling them too- this is a jungle/rave piece after all.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll get a new revision uploaded as soon as I can.

Re the intro, I'll admit I wasn't overly sure about it, but I was lacking in ideas. Keeping with the same theme, I might use some samples of the in-game radio station's DJ instead, which would let me do a better ending as well, come to think of it :)

Nice beats and piano, it really nails the rave vibe here. The robo-chorus vocals fight for attention with the filtered lady vocals, and when both are on I prefer just hearing the filtered vocals. But the robo vocals are fine on the solo parts.

I don't have any filtered lady vocals in the chorus; that was a synth playing the chrous melody with the synthesised vocals (it's sidechain-compressed by the robo-voice with a high-ish release). I'll make a new synth patch for this, and maybe lose the chorus vocals and keep, like you say, just the solo bits.

Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming please ;D

• 1 month later...

Right, sorry this is taking so long, basically it's exam term at cambridge right now, so i have like no time to do anything that isn't work; i know i said the next revision was on its way, and it is, but it may be a while before i can get it into an acceptable state to post. This wip isn't dead yet. Watch this space.

• 2 years later...