Chemical Plant ZOne

Flicky

The volume knob/slider is there for a reason. use it. ;)

Basically, the main problem here is that everything is too loud and pushing at the compressor. It's too loud for the compressor to handle in a sensible way, so bring all the instruments down a few dB. Then mix. By mix I mean give the right instrument the right volume.

This is far from OCR stuff (both production and arrangement), but keep at it, it sounds like you learned stuff doing this. I'd say you should focus on learning to make it sound more balanced. Then you can start worrying about making your own arrangements. Good luck, and have fun. :D

I have to echo Rozovian here, the piece is really loud. It's also only one dynamic level throughout the entire mix; maybe explore expression through dynamics? I know this is a WIP, but variation in volume can do wonders.

It also seems really, really top heavy. In other words, it's like a car stereo with the treble on 8 and the bass on -5. It might help if your bass and rhythm lines to move into a lower octave.

I hope this helps out. Good luck!