*NO* Street Fighter Alpha 3 'Brainwashed Girl'

djpretzel

Email sub file Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Brainwashed girl.mp3 - djp

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Brainwashed girl

This is Cammy's theme from the mentioned above game. Listen for the main melody, it is tucked away in there somewhere. *lol*

Hope u like it.

Cool site by the way Mr Pretzel!

-Jasill or The Boy Wonder, whatever sounds cooler!

This certainly takes a tefnek/big beat-type approach to Tetsuya Shibata's "Doll Eyes," but this just doesn't work. The intro synth is flat and sounds muddy, and I just knew the mastering was gonna be bad once I heard that. Props (in theory) for the semi-phat b33tz; you don't get too many tracks where turning on subwoofers would break them. That's all I felt this track had going for it, but hey...phat b33tz.

During the second iteration of the melody from 1:13-1:28, you had only what I could describe as this odd, slimy-sounding ambiance underneath it that clashed with the keyboard. Both the piano AND keyboards were incredibly flat as well the whole way through, and the brief key change from 2:12-2:27 was a weak try at throwing a little variation in. For some reason, at 2:43 going into the fadeout, the bass pads and all the background activity stopped matching up in key with the piano notes you had.

Overall, when you strip away the big beat foundations, there's not enough arrangement of the source material going on at all. Even if this passed the arrangement test, something EQed this poorly is just unacceptable. Check out the ReMixing forum for some mastering tips, Jasill, because this needs lots of refinement.

NO

The beats are great here, but this needs a lot of re-working.

The mixing and mastering is really bad on this. The bass frequencies are really muddy (especially with the sub bass that come in at 1.14), while the piano lacks any life and badly needs some reverb.

I would recommend checking out some resources on mastering.

NO

The kick is definitely drowning everything else out. I would not use that much reverb on that kind of kick for this kind of genre either. It's just muddying up everything.

Piano should be much more upfront and brighter than it it is now. Odd notes around 2:15 as well.

Not bad, but average at best. Keep working at it. I suggest you start posting your mixes at the WIP/Completed forums at OC and start checking out the Remixing forum.

No