*NO* Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3 & Mega Man 6 'Quick Metal Plant'

djpretzel

Email sub file Mega_Man_2_QuickMetalPlant_OC_ReMix.mp3 - djp (anyone using the FTP??)

ReMixer name: Cyan

Realname: Jimmy Emanuelsson

game ReMixed: Mega Man 2(Metal Man, Quick Man), Mega Man 3(Spark Man, short intro) and Mega Man 6(Plant Man)

The biggest part of the song contains music from Mega Man 2, therefor "Mega Man 2" is the game in the titletext.

Hope ya enjoy it.

Cyan

Not incredibly bad. Pretty laid back. Instruments are flimsy as hell, so those really need to be strengthened. Very weak and awkward transition from Metalman's theme to Plantman's (1:28). The take on Quickman's theme near the end was more of what I was looking for in at least making one of the themes feel different, though the overall attempt was there most of the way. The MIDI lead on Quickman's theme didn't contrast well with the guitar or piano though. 56kbps/22khz??? Nope, I'm good. No excuse for not encoding it at a higher bitrate. Execution was like a poor man's "Rockman X" arranged album.

NO

Extremely lo-fi sound; those samples sound really GM too. Plantman's theme is a straight cover. Come on dude, that's like one of the best songs in all of MegaMan 6, and you didn't even give it any groove at all. :(

What the hell? Pretty piano comes in for the last FIVE SECONDS? DUDE. :(

Arrangement is unoriginal, uninspired, and incohesive. Production is terrible, with GENERIC midi samples, little balance, and crappy encode.

NO

This is pretty neat. This reminds me of some classic JROCK or JPOP. Arrangement as a whole is average, but it has an enjoyable vibe going on.

Production is lacking and there's a lot of clipping and more noise than I could appreciate. This definitely needs a higher encoding rate, at least 128kbps. I personally found the drum and percussion lines interesting and to my taste.

As someone else said the transitions are weak.

Not bad by any means, but it needs quite a lot of work here and there. I suggest you go back to the drawing board on this one. There's definite potential.

NO