*NO* Final Fantasy Adventure 'Beginning of the End of the Beginning'

djpretzel

We might need an official mix title character length limit... - djp

DJP,

Hey, congrats on the success of the site! I've got a remix for you, from Final Fantasy Adventure on the Gameboy system. The original song (actually two, just merged together) I have uploaded (for your convenience) as a short low bitrate mp3 which you can download here:

The Actual ReMix can be accessed here:

I'll be going by the mixing name BGC (stands for Big Giant Circles. But BGC is fine.) Real name is Jimmy Hinson, and website is..... *suspensful music*... www.biggiantcircles.com

The best email addresses to reach me at are

myheroisrockstar@aol.com and knoxvillerockstar@yahoo.com

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Jimmy a.k.a. BGC

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/ffa.zip - GBS Tracks 7 & 21 (should have just said that in the e-mail)

Intro's a little too drawn out. Would have loved the sounds to have been a little bit stronger and more impactful. The groove is already pretty good. The synth lead and drumwork starting at 1:28 were both somewhat flimsy-sounding, with the lead sounding a little too generic (although it was ok). Would have also loved to have heard the thicker drums take the forefront just for that 2:23-2:50 break section only with slightly less reverb.

Pretty cool ideas, but I'm with Vig on this one. Fairly solid genre adaptation work, but not quite there. Wouldn't mind some more ideas thrown into the mix. Follow whatever advice here that you may be open to and definitely come on back, Jim. Won't take much more to snag a YES with me. I could see this possibly getting some YESs. Just needs a little bit more. Very solid stuff and one I personally enjoyed after more and more listens.

NO (resubmit)

I like this. Reminds me a little of Ziwtra's Willed Assault. Very slick interpretation of the source tunes. The intro is a little long, but that's a minor gripe.

However, I think that your drums are a bit too loud, especially the breakdown that comes in the latter half of the song. They really fill out the spectrum and sort of cover everything up. It's the reverb on the toms that's doing it.

Something like this can be EASILY rememedied. I'd like to see you work on issues like that and the aforementioned ones and SERIOUSLY go for a resubmit. Private Message one of the judges about the resubmit once you clean things up (either me or Liontamer would probably be good).

I'm going to say NO for now, because while those issues are not too huge, they still hold this mix back and fixing them would definitely benefit the piece.

PLEASE RESUBMIT