PRC174 - Stairway to Remix Heaven (Castlevania 64)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 174

PRCv7-18

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

After a win by default again, this time from Elsalluz, it's time for another PRC. Elsalluz decided to pick a song from a game serie which have been remixed recently and in that round, three songs appeared. This PRC will end a week later as usual, you have a week more to remix this song.

PRC Classic of the two weeks

This weeks classic is PRC126. It was one of the last PRC's done by Rexy, and she participated in this with a Bonus Mix (as winner of PRC125). Chickenwarlord and Hardbeat Acolyte (formerly known as Setokaibarocket) entered for the victory in the contest which had Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back as source.

Both me and Kylenin voted Hardbeat Acolyte first and that was enough to win PRC126.

More information can be found at Compo ThaSauce

This rounds source

This round, Elsalluz selected the source.

The original theme is from Castlevania 64 (possibly an earlier Castlevania game if I am not mistaken) known as "Stairway to the Clouds" or "Castle Keep". I think that it has some ambiance that runs into the next sequence but that's not a problem, we musicians can deal with that. It should be simple to remix and easy to add, edit or reincorporate with ideas.

PRC174.jpg

Castlevania 64 (N64) - Stairway to the Clouds

MID

Youtube Movie

MP3

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY JULY 18th at 10:59 am (One week more as usual) ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part, but he/she can enter a Bonus Mix and she/he has a vote that counts twice.

The reason for this extention is that I'm on vacation from 10-17 July and I didn't want give less then a week to remix the song. PRC175 will be a longer edition again.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Same here, sad to say. Two weeks to work on so little seems a bit off. It's more like an intro to a longer song or something. I was listening to TSO's Beethoven's Last Night a lot, so I was going to try to spin it into something like that, but after ten minutes I just couldn't think of anything more and ended up scrapping it.

Sorry!

I'm hoping someone can make an entry that's like Queen's "The Prophet's Song", though...

I really wanted to enter, but relocating and not having internet access at home is making this incredibly difficult. If only the library had ports for flash drives...

They got CD drives? Might wanna burn copies at home and then post them & shit, lol!

Am I the only one that doesn't like sources like this? I have problems even starting when there's too little chord progressions and melodies :(

I guess I did it because it was easy. Also, if you wanted to add on then yeah, but that's easier for some than others.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. It's been a while, but here's a real voting stage (I'm happy with that, especially with the new remixers). There are 3 entries.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote, they aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote. They only have to send in their top 2 (leave the third box empty).

The winner from the last round, Elsalluz, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until NEXT Tuesday, July 20th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC175 which starts Friday. PRC175 will be a longer edition again (one week longer again) for the same reason: vacation.

The songs:

JustinTense - A Vial Stance

Sci - Keep Your Stairs

Evktalo - Clockwork Groove

A little later as planned, but....

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 3

Total number of votes - 4

Maximum Score - 12

Minimum Score - 4 (without voting)

Sci starts his PRC career well, but still he gets the last place wooden spoon with 6 points.

Justin Tense starts with almost winning PRC, with 10 points and second place he was only one point away from victory

And PRC174's winner is Evktalo with 11 points!

Congratulations Evktalo. It's close, but you still won. The newcomers did a very nice job and Justin Tense was really close, but they couldn't win. It was a hard vote for me, Sci also deserved more.

Evktalo, you may select the source for PRC175. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer PM @Ocremix) before next Friday, July 23rd 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).