For the subtlety fans... - djp

ReMix URL

Contact Info

ReMixer name: Ron-kyo

Email address: kitler1213@teamfishgut.com

ReMix Info

Name of game(s) ReMixed: Dance Dance Revolution Extreme, Revenge of Shinobi

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: The Legend of Max, Ninja Step

Link to the original soundtrack if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site:

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.: >>Blind Conformity started out when I had tuned my guitar to dropped-D, then lowered all the strings by one half step. I was in a real Sepultura mood when I was just screwing around, but I wanted to make another videogame cover. . .so I played some notes and I recognized it as the intro to "The Legend of Max" and went from there. The song itself led to the intro/verse and pre-chorus riffs, the latter following the first three chords played then followed with a variant of the original song. The biggest thing was adding the chorus, so I asked a bud what game he wanted to hear me try and cover song-wise, and he said 'Revenge of Shinobi'. So I downloaded the soundchip for it and then I heard Ninja Step. I was OMFG! During the track, there's a really interesting rhythm that worked perfectly on the guitar when added some dissonance and adjusted chords played. Eerily, my friend knew exactly what song I'd pick. . .So anyhow, it worked and I just put it all together.

The lyrics themselves is a cry against those who choose to follow what they will blindly and then condemn others for not doing so as well. I couldn't honestly think of a videogame they fit, but then I thought...why not link that to Bible Adventures?

Recording is REALLY subpar. Really. Guitar and voice both. Seems to be some clipping going on too. :(

Seriously man, I'm sure you've got an interesting message, but I can't understand what you're saying. Everything just bleeds together. It's an intersting concept, but things come out way too sparse thought the whole mix, as far as arrangement.

Learn some production techniques, and then get back to me.

NO

Cool ideas, but yeah, the production sucks. Hahaha. Sorry, but I gotta laugh when it says this is at 192kbps/48khz. A waste of a high encoding. Your voice could also use at least a touch of effects on it. Loved the "FUCK YOU!" up in there at 2:55 though. That's at least good enough for me to ask for a resubmit if you can get this to sound sharper, so I can hear "FUCK YOU!" again.

Vocals are often drowned out by the music, and we collectively might not accept something like that, but I'd own that up to the death-metal style, so I didn't mind, even though I prefer to understand what I'm listening to. Delivery is weak throughout. Nice ending. Well...nah, not really. Interesting, to say the least.

NO

This mix sounds really similar to the the Final Fantasy X intro, but it is lacking some necessary polish needed to really appreciate this mix.

I can't understand what you're saying either. Production is holding this back. You have a wall of distortion surrounding your vocals and then your vocals aren't present enough. I suggest backing down the levels of the guitar at least. Vocals need some form of compression and EQ to stand out better.

The ending almost sounds like some form of brainwashing noise.

I appreciate the effort here and the unique concept, but there's too many production and execution problems going on here.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

This is a remix of revenge of shinobi...and DDR. Okay.

I dont think it's the recording that hurts this mix, but the mastering and mixing. vocals need to be louder, need reverb. the bass ought to be louder. everything could use some effects, chorus, reverb, stuff to fill out the sound. there's also lots of clipping. REMASTER. "Fuck you!!! R U TEH PRFECT!?!?!!~"

apparently not yet.

NO