Phoned-in game endings [SPOILERS ABOUND]

EC2151

That entire game was a mistake. I do not recognize its existence.

You're supposed to make sequels for stories that need more explaining or ended openly. FFX ended completely and decisively. And if you insist on still making a new story for the characters, don't shit on them while you do it. Yuna was a summoner not a friggin pop star, wtf was that?

Hehe. They killed the whiny Tidus bitch. That was a great ending.

Actually... I liked it all. :P Someone should try to explain Final Fantasy Tactics though, that'd be neat.

Charlemagne the Frank, are we?

Eternal%20Darkness.jpg

You fate is sealed!

Eternal Darkness has a decent ending.

No... My Lord!

No!

NO!

CHARLEMANNNGE!!!!!!

The 'secret' ending of the game puts everything into perspective, kinda. You only get it when you beat the game three times, each choosing a different Ancient as the enemy of the game.

-------------------

As well, I might be one of the few people very disappointed in the climax of No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle.

For one, unlike in the first game, where even though the boss came out of nowhere and surprised you it still fit the world perfectly; Batt Jr. didn't really inspire the same type of "this is going to be awesome!" feelings you got for Jeane and Henry.

Plus, super Batt. Jr. was an overly cheap fight, imo.

And then you have the ending, which is pretty weak, because while the first game ended with a laugh, Desperate Struggle ended with melodrama, which really doesn't suit NMH in high doses (it worked with Holly Summers, it worked with Jeane, but not much else).

I think it's indicative that NMH2 was trying too hard to be the 'serious' brother of its predecessor, but what made the original so great was just how much care was put into making everything so crazy yet endearing (it's not a stretch to say that NMH's 10 assassins blow nearly all the assassin's of DS out of the water. There are a few exceptions, though, like Vladimir, Nathan, and Kimmy Howell, but still).

Like, NMH 1 ended on a perfectly calculated note of bizarre fun. NMH2 tried to be somber, but it felt phoned-in.

XII's story sucked but its battle system was fantastic

I actually felt the opposite. I thought the story was good, but the combat got old after you figure out that there's only one strategy for defeating almost everything. I had to take a two-week break because I was just grinding through monsters all the time and there was no fun in it.

XII's story sucked but its battle system was fantastic

I thought the battle system was incredibly boring, you just set up how you wanted the characters to fight and watched as the game played itself, but yeah, I reckon the story was terrible too, I kept forgetting what the characters relation to each other was. I never even bothered getting to the ending, so i can't say how bad it was...

As well, I might be one of the few people very disappointed in the climax of No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle.

Nope, makes two of us. Then again, it has to compete with NMH, which is one of my favourite storylines of ever due to its constant quirk factor. I imagine it would stand okay on its own, but I didn't like the contrast made between it and the original NMH.

On record, though, Travis Touchdown is one of my all-time favourite characters.