*NO* Silent Hill 2 'Depression'

djpretzel

Remixer name: Raven Squad

Email: rav.en@kotinet.com

Remix info:

Game Name: Silent Hill 2

Song Name: True

Comments: I liked Silent Hills music and i just had to remix one of them. So i selected True. I tried to to keep originals creepy atmosphere in this mix. Style of this mix is somekind of synth music. Sorry i cant label this song any better.

Link to the mix:

The piano intro the mix isn't particularly hot, but the quality's certainly good enough. Cool stuff fading in at :10 that's structured like ABG's "Ada's Groove."

At :34, your flute lead indeed sounds weak, while it's also sounds obscured. Starting at 1:09, the electrosynth you have on lead has some flat delivery, and the countermelody joining at 1:20 is also fairly thin-sounding.

1:44 switches to some organ/keyboard-like notes that are almost atonal sounding that slightly clash with the groove here and sound very gimped out. The percussion at this point has barely had any notable changes in it, so you need to work on some percussion variation within :33-2:41, and not just go back to the same tired beats by 3:02.

Decent guitar work fading in at 2:30 and providing support to at least add another layer of instrumentation, but the delivery there is really unenergetic as well. Execution needs to be spiced up, and I'm begging for more creative ideas, as the arrangement is too repetitive.

When you hit those lifeless organ/keyboard again at 3:50 and kept on retreading the same territory, it just wasn't a strong way to work towards your close. 4:13 had some better sounds to wrap things up near the very end, though the nearly-finished fadeout abruptly cuts out at 4:39 (which might have just been my copy).

Vigilante's right about the mastering needing some work, as the mix has some alright sound combinations that nonetheless get a bit cluttered at times. I also thought this needed some attention for the high-end frequencies to generally help sharpen the sounds. This was very plodding & repetitive, so the development aspect of the mix needs work, and please bring more fullness to your sounds.

NO

This does have repetitive elements, but I can still hear variations going on here and there that keep me listening.

Your instrument definition is lacking, and everything tends to meld together like a blurry picture - an issue compounded by the lack of high frequencies in your mix.

NO

Not bad, I would like to see this resubmitted.