Can I see you?

Can I touch you?

I just want to hold you

How can I show you

In ways that you'd understand

That I need you

And I'm sorry

I just want to hold you again

The whole musical score for Lufia is awesome. Lufia was actually the first rpg I actually played and enjoyed. I played Final Fantasy on the NES, but lets face it, it wasn't that good, and when the SNES came out I saw the cover on the box of Lufia and thought it looked cool so I rented it and tried it and fell in love. It was like a year later that I found Final Fantasy 2(4) for SNES, and I still like the Lufia series better than a good amount of the FF series.

They need to make more Lufia games..

Anyways, I did all the music and singing vocals, Destiny did the female vocals in the last part of the intro.

Hope you like it.

I completely forgot to send the URL for my submission To Hold You Again.

Sorry for the trouble.

Firstly - the harmonica (accordion?) lead in the beginning is unnacceptable. It's like a sample from a $20 Casio keyboard. Replace it with a piano, a synth, a better harmonica - something - this does not work. Grating and annoying.

A fairly well-arranged intro features a very nicely played acoustic guitar and enchanting female vox. However, the percussion also sounds very Casio-esque. Bongos are extremely lo-fi. Shaker and tambourine are ridiculously bleh. Once again, the sound quality here is unnaceptable. It needs to be fixed or removed.

Then, out of nowhere, a completely unrelated rock groove emerges. This really caught me off guard and disengaged me from any previous enjoyment of the groove. The vocals are on tune and rhythm, but sound very awkward within the mix. It sounds devoid of emotion and expression. I found myself wondering whether the voice was synthesized a couple times. Obviously not, but you get the gist of the criticism here. This, coupled with painfully cliched lyrics turns me off to the whole dealy.

I'm not saying the mix is without merit. The guitar is consistently excellent. The production, despite the earlier gripes, is on par with our standard posted mix. The drumset during the main groove is even decent enough to pass my percussive litmus test.

The major problems need to be fixed. The core elements are here and in good order. Polish this baby up, and she's good to go.

NO

-D

Gotta agree with the accordian. Some people wouldn't mind it, but it sounds very flat/cheap. Pretty flat with the percussion stuff (shaker/tambourine) all the way until 1:24. Helen's cameo vocals are good per her usual. They almost sound too good for this overall package, honestly.

The switch up at 1:51 was a bit too abrupt. I really don't feel Mike's vocals were good at all. They don't sound emotive at all, especially contrasted with the lyrics/message and came across very flatly. Reverb 'em, bro. They need a measure of reverb bad. Yeah the lyrics are basic & cheesy, folks, but hey whatever Mike wants to do there, I'm not gonna let that influence my vote. If anything though, the lack of strength with their delivery distracted me from the lyrics themselves.

Fairly cool guitar at 3:21. Little flat on the delivery as well, but give everyone some more of dat funk, maybe as support work during the last verse. What's that little creaking noise at 4:17?

The layout is good, but ALL the delivery needs to be spiced up, much like the chef guy in Burgertime running around and hitting enemies with salt & pepper. Most of the instruments and Mike's vocals are noticeably flat. Punch it up drastically. "Flat" is the word of the day here, it seems. With the arrangement ideas being solid here, I'd rather see this posted in some form.

NO (resubmit)

:|

I really enjoy this mix. Personally I think the overall package works really well, but the minor issues detract enough to warrant a rejection. Instruments in the beginning aren't THAT bad, but there's better, richer stuff out there that's readily available. The only BIG issue I have is with the male vocals. Like DB said, they're in tune and on time, but they lack any kind of real energy. Vocals like that, cheesy as they are, need to be BELTED out. They sound so casual right now, and it doesn't match the energy in the rest of the mix.

I like it, but I really think that with some tweaks, and possible a reperformance of the main vocals, I would be a lot better.

NO for now, but I STRONGLY urge you to take suggestions to heart and resubmit.

(that strongly is size 29 dude. that's how strongly I feel about it.)