Noctune (Sign up now!)

Brandon Strader

Hi. :-)

My friend Tom Williams and I are proud to present to you our new music site, http://www.noctune.net/

On this site, you can register as an artist. You can create your band, your album, and begin uploading music to the site! This will be a great tool for anyone who wants to share their music and get exposure from it in the future. This is launch day, so it may take some time to build the site into something larger, but hopefully you guys can help with this.

I believe they may be working to add new content and abilities to the site, so if you have any ideas or comments, feel free to post them here. If you have any questions, please ask, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.. may need to talk to Tom depending on the question. :-)

No limitations! Any genre.. originals or remixes. Enjoy!

logo.png

Tom says, "Yeah it's similar to those websites, but we feel theres enough room on the internet for a new one with a different approach."

He goes on to include, "We want to bring in a system that lets the musician earn money from the websites income, so they can continue to do what they love and we also want to run events in various countries and start up communtiy projects, such as the development of iphone games that includes musicians music and they also take a share of its income."

Isn't this like last.fm, or soundcloud.com, or even solidcomposer.com?

or what about Tunecore or BandCamp?

SolidComposer is project management. It's for the time between nothing and having a complete song. SoundCloud, Last.fm, Noctune are for getting exposure to your music. SolidComposer is going to add a "publish to SoundCloud" and possibly "publish to Noctune" if they want to work with us.

Alright, got some of my stuff up. Here's what I think so far:

-Songs on albums should be given track numbers, so that the order can be explicitly defined.

-Make it clear that you can have a separate band name and user name from the beginning. I didn't know, so my user name is what I would have put as my band name.

-Make a sequential view for the album so that it isn't just a messy grid of CD icons.

Nice start so far, I look forward to seeing how it progresses!

SolidComposer is project management. It's for the time between nothing and having a complete song. SoundCloud, Last.fm, Noctune are for getting exposure to your music. SolidComposer is going to add a "publish to SoundCloud" and possibly "publish to Noctune" if they want to work with us.

Yeah I knew that, I just felt like saying it. xD

I guess I exaggerated a bit, but I still don't like the blog type layout of this new site. :P

Nothing on the account management page works, at least on my end.

That's something he's looking into now. Says it's a javascript thing, and it works for some people and not for others. He said he was going to sign up here but hasn't yet. :-o

A lot of cool people registered and uploaded their music. It made us happy. Launch was pretty good. :-)

A lot of cool people registered and uploaded their music.

A lot of cool people

cool people

:D I'm quite flattered.

Another beta bug, the site doesn't remember me. Well, might not be a bug (more of a feature you guys just didn't implement) but I'd definitely like to see it fixed.

Also, you really should call this a beta rather than a launch, because there are obvious problems (like the account management page not working for some people, not remembering login data, etc.) but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: This needs a bump