*NO* Mega Man 3 'Magnet Man Party Van'

Palpable

Hello, Remix Friends.

Please to be making acceptant of for submission to my party van. Naked more than five inches! Her say WOW!

Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: Shael Riley and Suzumebachi as Shael Riley and the Double Ice Backfire

Your real name: Shael Riley again, also Ty Guenly.

Your email address: shael.riley@gmail.com

Your website: www.shaelriley.com

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: http://ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=333

Submission Information

Name of game: Mega Man 3

Name of individual song: Magnet Man

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

That is a real NES. I dun programmed it myself.

Link URL:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Super catchy, super fun, creepy lyrics. This is a lot of fun to listen to, that's for sure. Problem is, it's so close to the source, and the singing has so little variation. Honestly, it's a pretty tough call here.

I think that the production being super clean, and the vocals being good are a plus, but the straight cover-ness of it just isn't letting this shine like it could. I'd say adding some vocal harmonies would be a huge step up for starters, and certainly some background adjustments as well.

NO (resubmit)

The production here is definitely solid, though the vocals sound a little muddy/buried at times. Very 'indie'-sounding :P While it's high time we had a successor to "Music of My Groin", and I love Shael's stuff, I'd hate to give a free pass to this mix when if it were anyone else I think we would NO it right away for being an almost direct cover (and in fact it actually simplifies the original by taking out some of the harmony parts.) Really pains me to say it since I love the track, but in all fairness I have to go with a

NO

The production here is definitely solid, though the vocals sound a little muddy/buried at times. Very 'indie'-sounding :P While it's high time we had a successor to "Music of My Groin", and I love Shael's stuff, I'd hate to give a free pass to this mix when if it were anyone else I think we would NO it right away for being an almost direct cover (and in fact it actually simplifies the original by taking out some of the harmony parts.) Really pains me to say it since I love the track, but in all fairness I have to go with a NO

Quoted for co-signness. :'-( Agreed on the production crits (which weren't major, but worth noting). And the arrangement being too straightforward and undeveloped (not even breaking 90 seconds). Needs more substance. I'd be more down with the vocal melodies were more interpretive and this had some further development.

NO

Extended version? brentalfloss cameo? Balls? Give us somethin' more! We wanna feel the Backfire, so icy hot!