(Remix Info)

Game - Chrono Cross

Platform - Playstation

Original Song - Dream Of The Shore Near Another World

Original Song Link -

Original Composer - Yasunori Mitsuda

Comments - The original song is my favorite song from Chrono Cross,

which is one of my favorite games of all time. With the remix i was trying

to add a synthetic techno feel to the song while still maintaining its relaxing properties, the BPM was changed to 130 as well, although it is hard to notice.

I have always wanted to remix this song after listening to Scott Peeples - Another Inspiration, he did it so well and i knew i did not want to do it the same way as he did so i did it with the techno feel i talked about. Also the gated pad does have some similarites (veeery slight) to Scott Peeples flute in his song, but i did not take it from him, that was from sheer coincidence, maybe because i listened to his version so much or maybe its something else, but regardless its different enough that its not noticable. I hope you guys enjoy my version of this beautiful song! This is my first submission ever btw, anywhere lol. I used Ableton as my DAW to make this song.

(Contact Info)

ReMixer Name - Vodka Studios , or Sei of Vodka Studios (In your forum I am under my studio name Vodka Studios)

Real Name - Moisei Frolov

E-Mail Address - vodkaproductions@gmail.com

Website - www.vodka.choseit.com (Commercial music promotion website, my studio website is not up yet.)

**When the site said that the submission title must be original i was not sure if that meant i have to put my name in place of the game title but if that is so then the title would be "Sei - Memories" so if that is how you prefer the format you may change it as you wish.

------------------------

This is a great source, and it's always fun to listen to remixes of it. What I'm hearing from this is a good foundation for a techno/trance mix. You've laid a solid groundwork of the melody and the bass, but I'm not hearing enough of your own interpretation on things. The melody remains pretty exact to the original, and although the structure is changed around a bit and there is an original section, the song feels very close to the source. This needs more variation and interpretation on the source to keep it interesting. On a similar note, it starts to get repetitive near the end, and could honestly be close to a minute shorter than it is with the same effect.

The synths aren't really my style, although they work for the style you are going for. In particular, the background synth that comes in at 1:34 sounds very unclear which makes the rest of the sounds feel unclear as well. The drums also feel like they aren't carrying their weight. I'd like to see you experiment with some sounds to get some different textures in both synths and drums.

This is going to take some work, but I think you have a start here that you can improve upon. NO

There is some good beginnings of a remix here, but things really felt underdeveloped to me, and sparse. Oftentimes it's just a synth or two, and some bass, with piano, and some semi-flimsy beats.

I think more layering of individual parts, and a bit more of a driving rhythm would help things a lot.

Arrangement wise, there is some interpretation, but more often than not, it's just the chord progression and no true direction. I suggest listening to some of the more prominent trance artists on the site, like bLiNd, to get an idea of how to fill out your sound and arrangement.

No, please resubmit

You're on the right track, but this feels like a rough draft to me. The sounds used are rather generic - and while that's not a crime, when they are also used generically you start to lose my attention. The blocked chords in the piano are played as quarter notes through the entire song; maybe you could try varying up the rhythm and progression there. Your percussion is very basic as well - variation and a more driving beat, as OA pointed out, would help. I think the lead saw is a bit too loud and grating as well.

Both the soundscape and arrangement itself need a good deal of filling in... There just isn't much going on at this point. Gotta think of ways to put your own take on things!

NO