*NO* Super Mario 64 'Bravoski Marioski'

djpretzel

Email sub file mario 64 bravoski marioski.mp3 - djp

this is the first time Im subbmitting a remix.

Its the ending theme to mario 64 as no one had done that one yet.

I have tried to do a bit of mixing but there is no mastering on it because I dont really know anything about music production. I just learnt keyboards.

I done the work with cubase.

Also if there is a few notes wrong its because I didnt have the music to refer to as a guidline, I just had to remember it from a year or so ago, but then hey its a remix anyway. but I did manage to get a sample from the game for the end I hope you like it lol

I even tried to throw in the melody from the first world music in the along the first verse, not dure if it worked though?

I called it bravoski marioski coz I thought well bravo mario for saving the world after all it is the completion ending theme lol

all the other info you need should be in the mp3 file

thanks from Mike Cliffe (that can be my name on here coz I cant think of a DJ type name for myself)

there are lots of thigns that work, diverse instrumentations, good grooves. what bothers me is that it's a bit repetitive. it's 3:20 and it more or less just runs thru the form twice. i'll come back to it.

Edit: so maybe it's just to happy for my tastes. i think it's an entirely solid arrangement and the recording sounds good.

YES

I got sick of the 'ending messages' idea found in certain ocremixes long ago. Even though this ending message is really just a clip, its pretty lame and unnecessary.

Song sounds pretty good although the drums hardly change up. Its two loop sequences that play throughout the whole song. I'm also not very fond of how the song basically just loops after a certain point.

Alright, just on the fence about this song. Its not all too different from the original. Better, but really not much of a rearrangement at all. Theres some cool differences, but you'll have to really make it into a rearrangement to get on ocr.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/usf/sm64usf.rar - "Staff Roll" & "Super Mario 64 Main Theme"

I'm in agreement with Ari over this one. Certainly not a bad remix, but it's not notably interpretive on any level per the general guidelines here. I thought the integration of the SM64 Main Theme from :43-:59 would surface elsewhere in the track and provide something slightly substantial on the rearrangement front, but it never came to pass. I wasn't bothered much by the minimal variation in the drum patterns, but 2:23 retreading the chorus was not where it's at. The Mario sample at the end was tacky as well. Very tacky.

Straightforward/cover-style arrangements have to be substantial upgrades compared to the source tune to make it here, and this ain't it. Throw this one at VGMix and see how the listeners react there.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

There's definately some decent arrangement here into a rock genre. There's also some great instrumentation here, the guitar part seems like it was meant for guitar. The organ has a prominent role and then backs off. Arrangement isn't problem here.

What is a problem is the whole thing is of Casio Keyboard quality. The parts sometimes lack clarity between each other, most likely due to lack of EQ and DSP. This needs to be multitracked and cleaned up. Percussion needs definition - snap in the snare, thump in the kick, any kind of sizzle in the metals. It's very homogenous as of this listening. The bass lacks any real definition, and most of the other samples either lack in clarity or fidelity. The strummed guitar, while seeming to be strummed on the late side of the beat, is pretty nice though. The flute lead is painfully artificial, and not in the cool, retro electronica way.

The Mario voice sample at the end does not work. At all.

This mix is potentially a great arrangement. The sound quality, however, bogs this one down just below the bar. If I hear at the very least a marginal improvement in overall sound quality, then it's jiggy baby.

NO

-D