FFVII - Mako Cannon

Anti-Syne

... I splurged in mah pants a little with the 'Fire Maku, fire maku!' parts. They're just... so... awesome. However, I'm probably alone in that sense. The OCR J's would consider them a little bit cheezy, I suspect. Don't remove them or I'll kill you.

The bass synth is awesome. The texture synths are low-fi, but considering the 'vocals' it's strangely fitting. The panning pads are interesting, although I personally think the bleed into themselves a little bit too much for my taste. The track is short, but it doesn't sound too short. In fact, imo it sounds juuuuust right.

The source usage is pretty much spot on, so good job there (although I'd re-link to a source - the one you linked is offline).

I beg you to submit this to OLR. I mean, I'm begging you to sub this to OLR. Getting it on R:TS would be a good idea, too. It's so good yet the purposeful low-fi sound will not let it pass on OCR, I suspect. It's making me giggle like a madman, though, so I know there's something here that I just love. Like your Laguna/Bike remix, this one is forever going into my file of WIPs that I don't think will pass OCR judgment, but are still incredibly awesome.

Source link now fixed.

Anyway, thanks Gario, glad you liked it! Don't worry, there's no way i'd ever remove Roy the robot voice (even if he does pronounce Mako as 'Maku'...). I did attempt making it longer, but it got repetitive and stale so I think you're right in that it's the right length.

I will submit it to OLR (once I register there and post in the forum 5 times). I will probably even submit it here after i've made a couple of tweaks to the production, wishful thinking maybe, but still worth a go hopefully.

But for now i'm still open to hearing how it can be improved, so if anyone else has thoughts please let me know.

Thanks again!