DragonAvenger

Remixer name: ViRiX

email: dtron@sbcglobal.net

Remix Song name: Metalic Gear

Original song name: Metal Gear Solid 4 Theme

Game: Metal Gear Solid 4

Original song

Comments:

A friend wanted me to create this remix and I thought it was a great song so I did. I created this from scratch in FL Studio with some other plugins.

-------------------------------------------------------------

-David McKee-

Student of Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C)

Freelance music producer and sound designer

InternetAliases:

Dreamcube016/017/018, DC17, D-Tron, race1, LightRace, Positron-X

SecondLife name:

Zeenith Paulse, Rheaya

------------------------

For the most part I liked what you did with the original. Speeding things up overall was interesting, and gave the piece a lot of energy, but I feel like at times things felt a little rushed. I don't know if slowing it down a little would be a compromise, or if it would lose too much energy, but it might be worth trying out. The ending overall is weak, and definitely could use some fixing up.

The overall samples aren't all that great, but I think for the most part how you use them generally hides the weaknesses. The drums aren't doing it for me, however. The bass drum needs some oomph, and maybe a little bit more crack on the snare. There are times where the strings aren't cutting it, especially their solo section at 1:55. The low notes aren't cutting through, and the quality isn't that great. I'd say getting these improvements in will help the track a lot.

It's a great start, and I think it's fairly on it's way, but it needs the fixes to get through. NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

woah reverb - it seems like the amount is pretty excessive and is causing a lot of bleed between the parts. I'd reduce that a little to crisp things up. Samples weren't mixed very well, with some sounding pasted on over the others, and the quality of a few of them was a little questionable as well. Some of the issues might be the over-reverb, but it's hard to tell without removing it. The guitar synth sounded decent on held notes, but had some attack issues making it sound a little weird. The attacks on the strings were also really slow.

There were some cool effects, and things were interesting from an arrangement standpoint, but that reverb was really killing it. The issues I have with this are 100% production. Fix it up, and send it back please :)

no, please resub

Great ideas but I think your balance is off. Needs less reverb and the Slayer especially needs to be mixed better. It's sort of just dominating the soundscape with its drone. Everything sounds a bit over-compressed in a bad way.

I love your percussion work here; nice effects and beats. Soundscape itself is pretty nice aside form production issues.

Let's hear some fixes and get this back

NO, resub