Justin Woods

Silentis.Silva@gmail.com

No Website

u=35473

Game Submitted: Kirby's Dreamland

Piece Arranged: King Dedede's Theme

Composer: HAL Laboratory, Inc.

Original Piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfhKljGSLdo

Comments: I wanted to create a more contemplative approach to the usually upbeat theme.

------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upewIgRjCRY

I like the mood you have to this, and I thought it was a creative way to approach this theme. That being said, I have some issues with the overall arrangement. Firstly, the background pattern is the same rhythm for the entire song. I was really hoping that there would be some change to really spice up the arrangement. It would be great if you could find some ways to flesh out the background more, rather than have the same rhythm which becomes pretty repetitive. I'm also noticing that the structure is pretty much a run through of the song (very coverish) twice, followed by a solo, and a return to the B part of the source before it closes out. There isn't enough interpretation here, and it basically becomes a cover. Look at ways to intermingle more of your original writing with the source so that it doesn't feel clear cut source|original|source.

Throughout the recording I keep hearing a weird sound, like something rubbing on something or a strange buzz. If it's possible, finding that sound and eliminating it would be great.

I like the style, but the arrangement needs an overhaul. Please keep at it, and I'd like to hear you rework this! NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

this feels like something you'd hear after a long day of surfing, while BBQing around a fire on the beach. There is some pretty distinct recording hiss, but to me it almost sounds like crashing waves in the distance, further giving it a beach-side charm. Unfortunately, the arrangement is very basic, and is basically a cover + solo. I really like the playing style, and it's really a nice track, but is too conservative, and a little too repetitive for OCR. :-(

No

This sounds really nice, but it sounds more like a sketch than a full arrangement. The rhythm guitar does pretty much the same thing throughout the entire piece. It gets a little boring. I think what you need to do, is expand a little bit and give the arrangement some dynamics; not just in terms of volume but also in energy level. You play pretty well, so lets hear you show off a little bit more.

I would like to hear this again, because I love Kirby music, and I love guitars. Please resubmit.

NO