*NO* Gun.Smoke 'Lock, Stock and Two Gun.Smoking Barrels'

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/gunsmoke.zip - NSF Track 2

We at least get into some more thought out arrangement at 1:22 and beyond, and there was certainly work done in terms of creating support chords throughout, but this just took the source tune melody, didn't change it much, and instead applied it to 4 or 5 different sound combinations.

Cool ideas for a remix, and not violation stuff to me due to the support chords that were present, but not what I'm looking for with a ReMix via rearrangement. Sounds weren't too hot either, and that prevented this idea of expanding upon the minimal NES original from realizing its potential. Keep working at it, and hopefully there will be some subsequent suggestions on how to improve the sounds.

NO

definately pretty close to a rip. the melody repeats with little rearrangment. Some of those chord changes are highly suspect, tho the original is pretty suspect too.

The lead is grating, you ought to tone it down a bit. i'd just use a different instrument.

it repeats, but it never really develops harmonically. needs some depth, via another harmony instrument.

please change the lead.

NO

Hey, its pro-53 or whatever that vsti is called.

That lead is so terribly used.

Anyhow, this is verbatim note for note rip. Please go for some rearrangement rather than original + drumloops

NO

It's not just that one pro-53 patch. LOTS of synth presets I recognize are used here, and lots of dry percussive samples that haven't been edited. There's really nothing wrong with using presets, but it's pretty bad when I can pick out at least four of them.

I have the same arrangement issues the other judges have, but I think the bigger problem is the lack of stylistic concept. There are a lot of different elements (slap bass, super sync lead, sax, etc), but they just don't fit together to create any sort of groove. This needs more work all around, like Larry said. Keep at it.

NO