Hidan's Remixes

Hidan

I want to introduce to you my remixes in FL Studio 9. The only ones I made are these:

Zeal (Chrono Trigger):

http://www.4shared.com/audio/1Z_quUuF/Zeal_-_Chrono_Trigger__Hidans_.html

Gerudo Valley (Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina f Time):

http://www.4shared.com/audio/XZwsY772/Geru...s_Remix__2.html

Lava Reef (Sonic & Knuckles):

http://www.4shared.com/audio/3vDQ37s4/Lava...ans_Remix_.html

Collision Chaos - Present & Bad & Good Future Mix (Sonic CD):

http://www.4shared.com/audio/cH6AztXW/Coll...sent__Bad_.html

Any sugestions or critics are welcome.

You're expecting a reply within an hour? Keep your sense of entitlement in check, buddy. :P

You might wanna look into a better host, that one is pretty cluttered. The player there doesn't really stream smoothly either, at least not for me. Might also be a good idea to limit the number of tracks you're posting to the one you need the most feedback on. ppl generally don't wanna crit a whole lot of tracks and would rather not comment at all than comment on just one of many.

I listened to the Zeal mix, it's a midi rip with passable sounds but terrible mixing. Terrible. Volumes are out of control, it clips so the overall level is way too loud, and there's obscene amounts of bass. Listen to a couple of mixes from ocr ('05-present), then to your own works. Listen mainly to how the instruments are balanced, how loud they are in relation to each other; also listen to the frequency balance, how much bass there is and which instruments it's coming from.

You've got some creative additions in the later iterations but it ends up being a clashing mess. Don't let the instrument choices fool you, it's clashing. If you switch all the instruments to a piano or something you should hear it better. This is something you should train your ears to tell, and your mind to not write.

Practice your ears and your mixing, you'll improve a lot faster that way. :D

• 2 weeks later...

About Your "Scrap Brain".. As Rozo said You need to listen other mixes. I don't understand why all of your instruments in one(right) channel? Also I don't like drums section. Some dynamics and "soft" power will give em nice level in sounding. You have lot of instruments in one channel, as I said before. This is cacophony dude. Separate your instruments and use some EQ on each instrument and on entire mix. Listen what are you doing man. Cause I have a feeling that you not. I hear something interesting, somewhere far far away, but hear:wink: Listen Rozovian's, halc's and djp mixes(sorry I don't know more ppl in electronic. I'm rocking badass:mrgreen:) Good luck!

About Your "Scrap Brain".. As Rozo said You need to listen other mixes. I don't understand why all of your instruments in one(right) channel? Also I don't like drums section. Some dynamics and "soft" power will give em nice level in sounding. You have lot of instruments in one channel, as I said before. This is cacophony dude. Separate your instruments and use some EQ on each instrument and on entire mix. Listen what are you doing man. Cause I have a feeling that you not. I hear something interesting, somewhere far far away, but hear:wink: Listen Rozovian's, halc's and djp mixes(sorry I don't know more ppl in electronic. I'm rocking badass:mrgreen:) Good luck!

When I listen I think it's good but not "awesome", so that's why i'm posting my remixes here.

Your advice is to separate the channels and add Equalizers to each one. And i'll listen Rozovian's remixes, just have to find on the artists section...

Do you guys know how to avoid the peak meter go high and start making that annoying "clipping" sound? I tried to decrease the volume but it doesn't work.

Tried to use the Fruity Limiter but no results as well... what i'm doing wrong? >.<

I don't use FL either, but it should be all about the limiter's (ahead and gain values. That's what I get from the screenshot anyway. Read up on it, you should understand it better than I do, as you're an FL user. :P

Scrap Brain sounds like your Zeal mix, decent sounds but bad mixing (needs more mids, more balance). Seems like the output is panned right, there's very little in the left channel. That could actually contribute to the clipping issues you have, depending on how FL does panning. Your drum writing could also use some work.

Still got some stuff to learn. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Putting everything in the same thread makes it look like you've got lots of feedback. Pick one track that you want feedback on, make a new thread for it. ppl on this board tend to prefer one track per thread, probably because it makes it easier to see if you've gotten feedback already or not.

it would help if you used a host that's not full of ads and junk, and that doesn't require ppl to wait before they can dl your tracks.

Listening to your F-Zero remix. It's not good. Really repetitive, and mixed weak. Sounds like you're using the same 4 or so patterns for the whole 3:28 mins. It also sounds out of tune. You have a decent hip-hop-like rhythm going, something you could build on. You don't have much to build from in the source. Might be worth working on if you want to learn rhythm, groove, that stuff, but it's something that I guess most remixers would avoid.

Your Ice Cap remix starts off a lot more interesting, but then you screw up the rhythm, suffer some compression problems with the loud pad. Way too loud (compression problems), rhythm problems, but the sounds are complex enough (and they're in tune :P), just needs to be mixed better. It also suffers the repetition problem. Lots of ppl have remixed this one, go see how they avoided the repetition thing... if they succeeded. ;)

Seriously, almost 7 minutes? The three first are pretty much the same, then you do something different, and end up with some key problems. Still too loud tho, and it just reverts to the previous parts in between new ones. At about 4 minutes in, I've had enough. Not only were the repetition and compression getting to me, you were also having some problems with harmony, specifically, bass and pads didn't go together.

So, your status:

sound design - ok. good enough for now.

rhythm - learn it.

harmony - learn it.

arrangement - too repetitive.

Work on those things. Feel free to hit me up on AIM, it might help to get some instant feedback and stuff. And make your stuff shorter. When you're good enough to not make it repetitive when it's long, then you can make long mixes. For now, don't. Two minutes of gold is worth more than 10 minutes of dust.

Keep improving. :)