A Day In Terra's Studio(AKA Terra's theme)

GSO

Right, I'm afraid to say this is going to need alot of work.

The major problem you'll have to over come for this to progress is thinking about the style and arrangement. It doesn't seem to go anywhere, as in there's no build up to anything and all the changes seem to come out of no where with the sections not fitting together. For instance not only does the drum loop get repetitive, it doesn't fit at all. Given the storm sounds and very thin texture this is much more of an ambient piece, but then this hip-hop sounding loop plays over the top. It sticks out even more because it's not in time with the key board.

So yeah first thing's first, you'll have to think what sort of style you want this to be, then maybe let us know so we can help you move it in that specific direction.

Sorry to be so negative, but it really needs a true style and direction before it can progress

I want to say something nice. I really do. But it's hard. It's pretty disjointed, has rhythm problems, is very simplistic...

idunno, maybe you should take a break from arrangements and instead focus on originals, improving your understanding of harmony and rhythm; and midi rips, improving your sound design. Maybe.

Feel free to hit me up on aim to pick my brain if that'll help.

I found it before. :P Did my research. It has some of the same issues tho.

I would suggest learning to write drums and basslines, and learn what chords go with what bass notes. I know doing that helped me a lot back when. Don't worry about the sound, even if the sound is terrible, you'll learn rhythm and harmony, which have been you biggest problems so far.