djpretzel

* Contact Info

ReMixer name: Glen Huscroft

email address: Inaudible_Whisper86@hotmail.com

* ReMix Info

Name of game ReMixed: Final Fantasy VII

Name of individual song ReMixed: Boss Theme and Sephiroth Theme

Info:

The song was made using Music 3000 sofware, a USB Sampler and Sound Forge 6.0. I wanted to recreate the Rock sounding Boss theme with a minamilistic electronica melody. I then thought the backing strings would go well as a backing for the Sephiroth theme and so I combined them both.

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today!

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

-rather lopsided form, unfortunately. A 3 minute piece with a one minute intro is simply going to feel a bit incomplete. needs more development to offset the length of the opening

-a tad simplistic throughout. And the sample quality is somewhat cheesy.

A decently enjoyable mix, but not quite passable. Perhaps you could work on adding more to the game theme- most of the additions were rhythmic, maybe you could try a few melodic or harmonic variations.

NO

Firstly, what bothers me the most about this mix is that a LOT of the harmonies and melodies don't match. Mostly because a vast majority of the harmony is a droning synth. The percussion is the highlight of the mix, and that's too bad because the drums are really ho-hum at best. It's got a very "clicked-into FL in 10 minutes" feel to it. Two basic types of drumloops can't carry a song of this length. They don't even seem to make any attempt and controlling releases or dynamics. Any more reasons for rejection see above posts.

NO

-D

Fairly weak percussion and ambiance intro up until 1:01. The synth lead lacks depth, and there's no real clarity in the presentation here. The synth melody plodded along until 1:45 and then went back to the ambiance before some really poor vox & bells came in at 2:01. At least the drums coming in at 2:26 had a little meat to them, but all of the sounds are thin & weak in their delivery. 2:27 until the end just held to the same patterns throughout.

Very underwhelming effort overall, I'm afraid. No meaningful variation or dynamics to speak of most of the way. Just learn whatever you can to bring some energy and depth to your sounds, and don't get so skimpy with the rearrangement ideas as this was pretty minimal on those grounds.

NO