*NO* Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 'Lights Out'

OceansAndrew

Remixer Name: Lashmush

Email: rasmussorber@gmail.com

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Song remixed: Final Battle

Comments:

I made the first 30 seconds of this as a WIP for prophetik's project. then i found out that deathmetal was not an accepted genre.

I still finished it for the Bad-ass boss project but got no reply about it so I am submitting it to OCRemix as a standard submission instead.

As I listened to the original song, I felt that this was VERY metalfriendly stuff to work with and simply went with my usual dash of deathmetal

blastbeats and heavy guitars, trying to make the song deviate from the original as much as possible without losing the link (pun sincerely intended)

to the original.

I also lowered the lead guitar at a certain point where it plays the melody that the girl sings alot in the game. Can't remember her name :c

anyway, i did this because I didn't want to emphasize other tracks from the game too much.

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY OVER COMPRESSED, BATMAN!

Ok, seriously, there is way too much compression, so much that it's hard to focus on the other elements going on here. Along with that, there is one percussion that sounds really out of place to me. I think it's the snare, but it almost sounds like hand percussion to me, and it sounds almost like it was recorded about 3 inches from the mic or something. I think both of these issues really need to be addressed.

The arrangement was a bit difficult to follow. I think things get a little too far from the source at times, moreso towards the middle and end of the song. Stopwatch Larry will be able to tell for sure, but I'd like to hear the connection be a little more solid at times.

Onto the good things, the playing overall is pretty awesome and the drums (aside from the one) are sweet. No problem in terms of performance itself, but the other factors are really killing this.

NO (resubmit)

very very definite production issues here. The mixing itself is fine, but you are pushing it so hard to get volume that the RMS is insane. If poor Jimmy heard this, he might actually die.

The playing is excellent, and the programming is great, but between an overly liberal take, and a completely smashed sound, I need to hear this revised before signing off. The foundation is definitely there, it just needs some polish.

No, please resubmit

• 4 weeks later...