Streets Of Rage-Title; Starlight Embracing City Streets

Garpocalypse

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

You might wanna accentuate the change at 0:38, it's not subtle enough to just go by, and its not drastic enough to work. It just sounds like something weird happened to the rhythm.

Length/repetition is problably a problem here. It doesn't have enough wow factor to hold interest, and the groove is subdued enough to not carry the track on its own, either. At least me, and at least not for the entire length of it.

The guitar sound is a bit... idunno, lacking. Feels like it should have more mids. Actually, the whole track could use some more mids.

Source is there, tho my ears aren't quite cooperating right now, so I don't dare say either way about whether it's enough. The arrangements feels conservative tho, but as it's building on a groove rather than on melodies the judges might feel like it's like the case with chord progressions - that it doesn't count as source. Can't say for sure, tho.

Nice mood, nice groove, nice track. I'm a bit concerned about the length/repetition issue, but if you already got feedback fromthe judges and fixed it since, this should be in a pretty good shape.

Thanks Roz, I've been on the fence about this one for too long. This is the second remix i ever attempted and it got close to what I wanted over time but never quite got there. I've attempted a few rewrites of it but i felt none of them really worked.

I think i played with the source a little too much when i tried to fit it into a different groove. The notes are there, plus several extra. :)

Time to put this one down.

Until next time i feel i can improve on it :<