*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Black Ice'

djpretzel

Email sub file Black Ice-Sonic 3 remix.mp3 - djp

\\REMIX ATTACHED//

---------------------

--Personal Info--

Chunkymonkey

Jeff

chunkymonkey4u2@rcimaginations.net (I used gmail to send the remix)

http://www.rcimaginations.net

--Remix Info--

Sonic 3

Ice Cap

My tribute to what I think is one of the greatest pieces of music sonic has to offer. Very trancy and upbeat. I tried to keep it from getting repetitive and old. I also tried as hard as I could to perfect the overall quality. If this remix doesn't meet the standards any criticism and suggestions would be immensely helpful towards me making it better. Thank you for your time.

http://www.zophar.net/gym/SK+SONIC3.RAR - Icecap Zone 1

I'm such a nice guy. Felt like throwing a source tune link up there. Soundtrack's good anyway. I'd rather listen to the Mushroom Hill Zone music than do my job.

Pretty beginner level stuff, but not a bad effort at all. Not much dynamic contrast going despite the effort to do so. No treble/high-end here in the production, and some of the sound/sample choices are unappealing. The track abruptly cuts off. Others can offer some advice on the sounds and how to improve there, but it was just a bunch of genericness to me.

There's not really much more to say than go for a lot more rearrangement. This is nothing but a genre-adaptation that doesn't take any creative liberties with the source material.

NO

One of the big issues with this mix is that it just loops the theme again and again with minimal deviation. This tune is so popular that a remix of it would need a lot of variation and deviation, improvisation, and many more -ations. Ending is non existent, the tune just suddenly stops.

This can be described as a 'boom-tsh' mix really. Needs a lot more rearrangement.

NO

If anyone is reading this and wants to do an Icecap mix, we already have dance mixes of this on the site that are excellent quality, the odds are against you somewhat. However, if you tried a different genre altogether...

well, at least this one does not displease my ears like the other icecap mix i just heard.

i'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and not complain about the sudden ending, because it doesn't sound deliberate.

this sounds like a bunch of FL presets, or at least there is no creativity in the sound choices.

and furthermore, there's no creativity in the arrangement. it's very basic, repetitious, and doesn't offer a lot to the listener.

no

They don't sound *all* like FL presets to me, but yeah, the sounds here aren't hot. My main concern here is the mixing. Very cluttered, particularly in the bass - each of the individual parts don't quite stand out enough. Try messing with filters and equalizers more to bring some of the important parts of the song out (ie. the lead). There's not all that much rearrangement, but it's something - try to build and expand on the original rather than just repeat it. Also, the drums are pretty weak. If you're going for dance/techno, you want the kick to be more audible, but as it is, you can barely hear it at all. Not much other percussion to speak of. To top it all off, a complete cutoff ending.

Could have been worse, but NO. Check out kvr-vst.com and hammersound.net to beef up your sounds, and hit the Remixing forum if you still need help.