PRC185 - Mr. Big's Source (Art of Fighting). TWO DAYS EXTENTION

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 185

PRCv8-03

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

The second PRC of season 8 was a very nice one. 4 Songs where up, the most since PRC156, and all of them where really nice. Marcusg ended with the most point and submitted the source even before I posted the results (sorry, I was late:mrgreen:).

PRC185.jpg

Art of Fighting (NES) - Mr. Big's theme

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

</p><p>"]FTM

</p><p>"]MID GENESIS

The Midi is not from the SNES version, but the Sega Genesis version. Use it when you have problemns with the FTM or doing it without anything.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness (or remix the other song).
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by THURSDAY DECEMBER 30h at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Extended with two days.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winners of PRC184, Marcusg, can't take part, but his vote counts twice. He's also allowed to submit a bonus mix.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

Merry Christmas.

PRC

This was one of my favorite tracks I listened to when I was a kid. I don't know how I want to remix this. Its so 90s style. I guess I'll try to be consistent and stuck with dub and dnb until I actually get good at it. Thats what the compo is about right? Learning to push the limit.

Not a midi, but here's a famitracker module: http://www.redmageneedsfood.net/files/nsf/aof-mrbig.ftm

Thanks for that, I uploaded it to ThaSauce.

I also uploaded a MID, but that MID isn't for the SNES version. It's a MID from the Sega Genesis version.

If you have problems with using the FTM or doing it without that, you can use this MID.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to submit something but Im going through a crisis where I don't care about anything at the moment including computers, music, and video games etc. Plus my headphones broke along with my ears.

As far as the song sounding too awesome to remix. I believe even if its awesome it can still get a sick remix by using your own style and taste. I wanted to do dubstep but I have no vision on how to make the bassline. Just go crazy.

edit: Im gonna just put something random together and submit it. Maybe others might upload something.