*NO* Final Fantasy 5 'Blak Metal Chocobo'

djpretzel

I don't know much about black metal... - djp

ReMixer: Oinkness

Game: Final Fantasy V

Orig. Artist / Composer: Nobuo Uematsu

The product of 6 hours of work and a twisted mind. Enjoy :)

Black metal is supposed to sound like that, just incase you were wondering,

and perhaps you have never heard black metal before? Start with Limbonic art

or Anaal Nathrakh!

Black Metal Chocobo.

(Disclaimer: may sound like Darkthrone produced it... sorry!

some people like Darkthrone though.)

I don't know much about black metal either, but my functional knowledge of it tells me that awkwardly retriggered MIDI samples of distortion guitars aren't very "black".

What is indicative of black metal in this track is the subdued, synthetic section complete with flute. This part I actually found quite enjoyable, save the annoying distorto-robot voice. Still not hearing what song this is a remix of though.

After one iteration of the loudness and a quick run-through of the cool middle section, it just ends. No good. This is black metal without any double bass, and without blindingly-fast drum fills.

Like I said, the best parts of this are the tremelo, synthy sections. Would sound nice with a a church organ. If this had decent, real guitar, I might be able to pass it. As of now, this is a 20% completed WIP of a pretty damn cool song. Refine. Resubmit. Recycle.

NO

-D

Well, unlike the other two, I'm pretty familiar with black metal, and while the arrangement isn't too bad, those synth guitars really ain't cutting it. And the vocals (which seem more like industrial than metal too me, anyway) really don't add much are a perhaps a bit overused. And unfortunately this thing is rather underdeveloped and needs to be substantially longer.

There's just something about metal with synthetic guitars and drums that just doesn't work very well. I mean, it *can* work, but this mix misses the mark.

NO

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/ff5.rsn - WTF are you even remixing?

So Oinkness asked to me to listen to this back before it was submitted. If I knew that I'd end up searching the entire FF5 soundtrack and coming up empty, I would have yelled at him to tell me what fucking source tune he used, because this was ridiculous.

Anyway, the guitar wasn't terrible, though it was just blaring. The other guitar synth coming in at :20 was generic and terrible. Everything was a mess until the nice break section at 1:00.

Anyway forget it. Cruddy faux-metal with a decent yet underdeveloped second half. Not even YES-worthy anyway. Can't believe I had to waste my time trying to find the original. STATE THE SOURCE TUNES IN YOUR SUBMISSION EMAILS.

NO