Userid on forums: n/a

Name of game(s) ReMixed

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed

Song Link:

Game Info:

FutureCop: L.A.P.D.

Macintosh/PC Windows/Sony Playstation

Original Composer: Dave O'Neal

Soundtrack Not Avaliable ANYWHERE, har har.

Comments:

I made this in FruityLoops 3 in my spare time, playing around with samples taken from the ending cutscene. I'm not all too good with this kind of thing, but I do like how this one turned out. It's truly sad that there are no FutureCop remixes on your site. Perhaps I can rectify that, perhaps not.

Dunno the original, but it doesn't matter to me. Unfortunately that means I can't comment on the level of sampling here, which may or may not be excessive. Seems excessive from the looks of it, but you get the benefit of the doubt. Let's be quick with this one.

The sound quality was muddy, the separation of sounds was poor, the sample usage generally cluttered up the track (1:54 - what the hell are you doing?), the orchestral stab & cymbal shot combinations were tacky. The bassline was ok, and there was a decent groove somewhere DEEP underneath everything, but otherwise this was just poorly put together. Scrap it.

NO

Not much besides and drum and bass (in the non-genre sense) groove with sampling over it.

Strings are muddy, and that orch stab gets old after the 8th time. This mix could go on and on forever. It's like the song that doesn't end. Yes it goes on and on, my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, but they'll continue singing it forever just because it's the song that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on my fr-

Sorry.

Anyway, I'd recommend actually substantially interpreting the music instead of groove + movie samples. It'd be cool if you played all that guitar yourself, but I doubt it, considering you're using FL3.

Lacks substance.

NO

I'm not really sure what this is. There's a groove, then some performance phrases/samples and they keep repeating over and over. There's a lot of mixing problems here too. Everything sounds very muddy and confusing. This needs to go back to the composition stage for some work on the compositional aspects. Work on incorporating more melody, harmony, something. This needs better eqing also. Honestly I'm not sure where to begin, there's a lot of problems. Main issue is there's no meat here.

If polished, this sounds like a neat theme that could work as a film type cue for background material, but ultimately I don't think this really works as listening material on its own context.

You show promise though. Definitely keep on working at it, keep learning, and keep gaining experience by doing more mixes.

This is a NO though.