Goldeneye : Operation Frigate

CyprusX

I just started doing this , it's going to be a mix of electronic synths , acoustic instruments and good old rock n roll.

http://tindeck.com/listen/drrx

Source :

Awesome! This track gives me hope of reviving one of my oldest mix. Maybe we can collab on that since that song requires tons of shredding and stuff and I am no "shredder" :)

Awesome! This track gives me hope of reviving one of my oldest mix. Maybe we can collab on that since that song requires tons of shredding and stuff and I am no "shredder" :)

Lol . I don't wanna disappoint you but I am not much of a shredder either , I am more a riffer , than a shredder , but If you do wanna collaborate , I am happy to do so!

Love that old soundtrack, there. Good ol' Goldeneye to bring me back :)... of course, that's also going to be a problem, if you shoot for OCR. Something that the Goldeneye soundtrack has issues with is that many of the songs are variations of the original '007' theme. According to submission standards...

The music must have been composed specifically for the game. Movie themes such as Star Wars or licensed songs from games like Gran Turismo do not qualify.

This track is really a variation of the original 007 theme, so you might have a problem if you plan on submitting sometime. It'll be tricky to avoid too much 007 theme music in your remix, for this reason. That's no reason not to continue, though - ultimately it's not about OCR, it's about making a great song, and this one has potential to be great. It's an awesome track and I love what you've done with it so far.

The phased guitar is a great way to open the track. Perhaps the intensity is a little high, but it's a great way to open up - it's like telling us 'This shit ain't messin' around'.

I'm feeling that the bass should have a somewhat more pronounced presence in the mix, here. Your bass isn't bad, by the way - it's just that the original source really relies on the bass to give it shape and form, so you might want the bass to sound a bit more distinct from the guitar. Just something to give a thought to.

Sounds good, otherwise. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with.

Love that old soundtrack, there. Good ol' Goldeneye to bring me back :)... of course, that's also going to be a problem, if you shoot for OCR. Something that the Goldeneye soundtrack has issues with is that many of the songs are variations of the original '007' theme. According to submission standards...

This track is really a variation of the original 007 theme, so you might have a problem if you plan on submitting sometime. It'll be tricky to avoid too much 007 theme music in your remix, for this reason. That's no reason not to continue, though - ultimately it's not about OCR, it's about making a great song, and this one has potential to be great. It's an awesome track and I love what you've done with it so far.

The phased guitar is a great way to open the track. Perhaps the intensity is a little high, but it's a great way to open up - it's like telling us 'This shit ain't messin' around'.

I'm feeling that the bass should have a somewhat more pronounced presence in the mix, here. Your bass isn't bad, by the way - it's just that the original source really relies on the bass to give it shape and form, so you might want the bass to sound a bit more distinct from the guitar. Just something to give a thought to.

Sounds good, otherwise. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with.

Thanks for pointing some things out , yeah the mixing isnt so great at the moment , but in the end it's going to sound atleast 3x better :)

I don't think that's viable, Spakku, simply because the source is too inundated with the theme. Let's take a look...

Out of 2:08, only ~25 seconds is original, and from that, it's a two/three note motive that repeats six times. As awesome as the source is, it's pretty much entirely the James Bond theme put to N64 guitar and samples.