Bomberman 64 Gold Armor

Zellfreid

Has anyone ever actually beaten Bomberman 64 on Hard in under 3 hours getting all 120 gold cards? I have not seen any pictures of this on the internet. Ever. Has anyone done this?

I just want to know what it looks like! Because there's no way I could ever do that.

I used a Gameshark back in the day, but that only got me the boots.

Back in 1997, the only N64 game I got for Christmas was Bomberman 64 (the other big holiday release was Diddy Kong Racing, which I bought for myself). I played the shit out of that game, getting 110 gold cards in the process. I never managed to get all 120 on Normal.

To put this into perspective, I was in 6th grade at the time, and because of my reclusive nature as a little smart-ass punk, I spent most of my weekends playing N64 by myself or with one friend. Unlike today where I'm lucky to play games for 10 hours in a week, I could do 50-75 hours per week back in the day. Imagine all of that time spent on this game and STILL not getting all of the gold cards. Damn it!

The worst thing is I remember going to Waldenbooks at the one mall near my parents' house and seeing an unofficial Prima strategy guide for Bomberman 64. I had the Nintendo Power walkthroughs, but I thought the guide was going to be even more helpful. So I shelled out the $12 for the guide, took it home, and still didn't get those last 10 cards. I think the only way to get all of them in 3 hours on Hard mode is to use save states or something, and even then, you have to get EXTREMELY lucky to do it.

I got all the 120 gold cards om normal, and started on Hard but I never got close to getting it all under 3 hours. I might be able to beat the game on Hard under that time, but not get all the gold cards at the same time.

I'd also love to see that. I love that game.

EDIT: This is what it looks like

I got all the 120 gold cards om normal, and started on Hard but I never got close to getting it all under 3 hours. I might be able to beat the game on Hard under that time, but not get all the gold cards at the same time.

I'd also love to see that. I love that game.

EDIT: This is what it looks like

DUDE.

Thank you SO MUCH. All of my dreams...

Hahah, but seriously. Thank you. I've been waiting since my childhood to see that. Also, I guess I did have the gloves, too.

I hope you guys still try for it, though. I'd love to have that trophy under my belt. (Mixing phrases?)

I reallllly wish they would port this game to another console and add online mode for amazing bomberman 64 multiplayer shenanigans

Hell yeah. I can't even describe the fun we had back in the day just playing multiplayer for hours on end. All the yelling over sudden and unexpected death, all the cackling from trapping others between bombs... Ah, good times.

I did it in hard in under 3 hours. Its funny too i remember calling nintendo power hotline and asking them how to get the last suite and they said they didnt know and refunded me the money. Anyway id have to dig it out to find it. I was practiced at the time because I beat it on normal first, then normal in under 3 hours with all 120 then hard with all 120 in about 4 hours, then hard with all 120 in about 2:50ish. It was the worst, probably harder than getting all the platinum medals on blast corps