*NO* Zoids 'It's a Waste of Time'

djpretzel

Email sub file Zoids_It's_a_Waste_of_Time_OC_ReMix.mp3 - like the lead here, very E.L.O. - djp

Yet again I'm trying with a C64 remix. This is my chill out mix. It's great for wasting your life spending empty days mourning the loss of your girlfriend....or something like that.

Contact info:

Remixer Name: Sideshow

E-mail adress: sideshow01@gmail.com

ReMix info:

Name of game: Zoids

Song: Theme

Info about game: Commodore 64 game, org. composer Rob Hubbard Link to org. track: http://www.c64.org/HVSC/Hubbard_Rob/Zoids.sid

http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/archive/C64Music/Hubbard_Rob/Zoids.sid - Subtune 1/3

The SID lasts about 3:45 if you guys wanna listen to it the whole way through before it repeats. Basically a cover at a slightly faster tempo. I'd say submit it to R:K:O instead.

This had the same problem I also had with your previous submission from Thrust. The structure was the same for the most part, and the arrangement was too conservative.

You changed up the feel a little bit compared to the source and presented some new ideas in places, but this was still basically a cover. That doesn't mean it's a crappy track, but there aren't many creative liberties taken here.

NO

There's minimal arrangement, there's some nice things going on here too. I do like the pad work. But there's not much creativity in either the arrangement or production/design work. I do like the drumwork, it's understated and certainly an improvement over the original. The mix is an improvement over the original. I personally didn't care much for the chiptune-ish sounding section here. It kind of sounded out of place and ruined the chillout experience for me.

Pretty decent, but not enough in various mentioned categories. NO