Resident Evil 1 - "This is my Last Escape" (Safe Room Piano-Orchestra-ElectroFilm Remix?) O.o

Dash Myoku

Alright, don't let the title of this throw you off...this ain't a remix from RE3...as it, you know, states in the title. >_________>

*Ahem* Anyways, my RE2 safe room remix is on the "To Be Judged" list right now and I have a feeling it won't pass. So, I decided to write up a new remix that would possibly have a better chance of succeeding. The source? RE1's Safe Room theme! :D

http://tindeck.com/listen/iwyq

This is currently what I have. I've spent a good bit of my night already getting this to sound exactly how I want it to. Don't mind the low volume, it's suppose to be that way. The later part of the track is suppose to build. Dynamics, yay! I also switched the time sig from 3/4 to 4/4...just cause, ya know...I can. (Source:

)

Um, this remix may be too loose for the Judges to potentially accept and that's my only real concern at the moment. Either way, please give it a listen and possibly leave some feedback.

I hope you guys can enjoy this...uh, WIP. But don't expect it to be staying as such for very long. :P

It's very good so far. I think an improvement you can make is to create an intro that is full of energy (but at any speed you wish) in order to get the listener interested immediately (i.e. a reversed cymbal). That way you don't lose them before they listen up to the more exciting parts. If you start out "awesome", then the listener will try to listen for the next time something like that happens again. Afterwards, they'll wonder why they listened until the end, and go back to hear the "less exciting" parts.

Although, I'm not saying the "less exciting" parts are uninteresting; they aren't. But if listeners fall asleep and it isn't your aim, it's not a good thing. :)