Spiral Knights

NeoForte

True, but sometimes you'll start to see ahead of time when you're about to be surrounded so you can be prepared, not to mention you can get a charge reduction (even without UV) just by leveling up your weapon to 5 and 10.

Like a lot of times, when I see the big triple biting wolvers, I charge automatically because as soon as they're about ready to attack, it may be too late to run, and they have a habit of biting through shields if all three hits connect. But a successful calibur charged swing will clear space and even if they try to start their bite combo you should have enough space to finally run away.

the game really hates you sometimes on recipes... I've been on several dives in a row and couldn't find an Ash tail cap or Heavy Demo Suit recipe. Eventually I gave up and started looking in the new spammy trade chat. I got a hit and bought it.

Then the next time I went down in the clockworks...guess what recipe was there...

I play fairly late, and I never have had more than 100 CE in my account (usually running on mist, like everyone else seems to do). I felt bad last night because HoopyFrood joined my party right before I (and another member of the party) took an elevator back to Haven. Generally speaking, though, I don't mind playing with someone else.

As much as my wrench wand is getting attention, having a 2-star weapon you can't upgrade really sucks. I'm thinking of getting a flourish and going down the rigadoon path.

Neoforte, could you update the first post with a list of players?

Yea sorry. It's been added. I finally got past the 8th gate since I finally got my 2star shield. Course I died in the first area after that one cause it was many straight arena matches :/

Yea sorry. It's been added. I finally got past the 8th gate since I finally got my 2star shield. Course I died in the first area after that one cause it was many straight arena matches :/

oh good luck with that. I'm still not perfect and round 3 of any arena will give me trouble especially if I'm alone. (Spikes + Final Wave = death)

Once you get into 3-4* gear you'll have an easier time at it, the worst of those arenas is the robot one, but the others aren't quite as brutal.

I just run around and spam my charge attack, but I'm running the caliber line and am in 4* gear so it's easy to get away with doing that.

Yeah I've noticed my Khorovod does pretty well against large droves of robot knights thanks to its long reach...although I'm not as well learned in using big slow swords.

I got my first 5* yesterday, Callahan, it seems to have lost its blast radius with becoming 5*, so I may have to give the Iron Slug a try whenever I find the crowns/energy/recipe to make it.

Yeah Callahan is a gun (part of the magnus line), as it turns out it still has a blast radius, but I think it may be a bit smaller than it's predecessor (it's definitely more powerful, stuns more often, and has a faster cooldown between shots if you get the timing right though).

Presumably the Iron Slug differs from the callahan in that it has a slightly longer range, does normal damage, and has a blast radius (possibly larger than the Callahans?). But the wiki isn't up to date, and I don't have an Iron Slug to confirm the differences.

Overall I'm happy with the weapon, but am still curious to try out the Iron Slug. Although priority is on finding vog cub, and the 5* owlite shield recipe, so I'm going to save money up until I can get those.

Edited by cobaltstarfire