*NO* Yoshi's Story 'Yoshi's Symphony'

djpretzel

Heya,

Attached is all the relevant info needed. The MP3 can be found at the following URL:

Contact Info

Your ReMixer name - DJ V

Your real name - Witold

Your email address - V_gasm@hotmail.com

Your website - N/A

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums - N/A

ReMix Info

Name of game ReMixed - Yoshi's Story

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed - Yoshi's Story Theme Additional information about game if it has not yet been added to the site, including composer, system, etc. - Dont have too much info on the game, just like the music... sorry...

Link to the original soundtrack if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site - umm... dont have one, but email me if ya need it, i'l try Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.. - Inspiration is that there are heaps of good remixes on this site and I wanted to make a contribution. Besides, it was fun.

If theres any problem, if ya could email me, i'l see if i can fix it.

Thanks for the opportunity and the awesome site.

V

Man I played this game so damn much years back. Not bad in itself, but it really paled in comparison to every other Mario platformer out there. Plus the 2 1/2D storybook graphics looked like total shit.

Anyway! The mix. Yeah. Not bad arrangement at all; a bit repetitive though; then again, there's not much to the source material.

Sounds suck though. Piano is too bright and mechanical for this kind of texture, and the strings are fakey as hell. Needs better samples and better mastering.

NO (resubmit)

God, ugh, that source tune is fucking awful. Chipmunk-esque horseshit.

Wow, those pizzicato strings coming in at :21 suck really, really badly. I'm sorry, bro, that's just some terrible application of 'em right there. Different strings at :42 and they sound overly fake as well. Now some bass strings at :50; same problem. Piano at 1:02...sounds fake.

Some new idea going on with the xylo-ish dealie coming in at 1:46. Arrangement isn't terrible. Good new ideas changing up the note patterns at 2:14 and then following it up with some sweet original work at 2:29. Very nice ideas all the way until 3:11. Xylophone sounds are a little too bright, but otherwise decent.

Bah, crappy strings again at 3:11. Arrangement of the source tune had some stuff goin' on, but was incredibly plodding and unenergetic. The original section was the best part. For anyone that's gonna submit stuff titles like this, don't name anything "____ Symphony" if it sounds beginner-ish like this. Real symphonies sound awesome, so please bring the awesome with you. Same goes for the words "Suite," "Scherzo," "Movement," "Etude" & "Orchestra."

Look for better free samples, bro. Decent ideas, but the execution is too amateur. Hit the WIP forum & ReMixing forum to improve yourself, DJ V. You've certainly got the potential to better realize your ideas.

NO