Contact Info

O3

Joe Hardesty

MuzakRageX@gmail.com

http://jingo-brothers.s5.com

ReMix Info

Mega Man IV

Pharaoh Man's Stage

Well, as usual, I was sitting in first period playing emulators, and I was humming along to all the tunes that were on, and I switched over to mega man for a bit and couldn't stop humming Pharaoh man's stage. Kinda strange, being that it wasn't one of my particular favourites. So I decided to get it out of my head, I'd just make a song out of it. Haha. I make a lot of remixes of mega man music as midis, but this is my first mp3. I have recently accquired Fruity Loops v.5, so I've been at it like crazy. Hope you enjoy it, I feel rather proud of it. I might recreate a few of the midi remixes, too, so expect more from me :)

~03

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman4.zip - Track 5 ("Pharaoh Man Stage")

Definitely GM-ish strings here coming in at :14. Really kills the piece coming out of the gate, sounding so beginner-ish, as well as excessively quiet/distant. And this just boom-tss's for a little bit.

Well, here come the claps at 1:04. Very generic sounds, but at least you have some semblance of an idea of going for rearrangement with the source theme. Well, that's certainly good.

Oh MAN, cheesy voice sample at 1:43, and things are getting pretty repetitive on the arrangement front as I realize there's 3 minutes left.

Some ambiance and claps keep things going along with bad vox samples. Finally something new on the composition side takes over at 2:41. Definitely overstayed its welcome until 3:38 when some new synth takes over. What the hell sound is that? and 11 seconds of silence at the end...Oy.

Some glimmers of hope here, as some rearrangement ideas were present, but the sounds are awful, and the composition is repetitive in many places along with being terribly uncohesive in general.

Anyway, you're all heart, Joe, but you gotta get out of the General MIDI stuff to make it here. Visit the ReMixing forum here and read up on further fundamentals religiously. Hopefully in a year, after you devote much more time and effort to this, you'll realize that this stuff right here really isn't that hot and that you're capable of much better. Keep at it.

NO

Those hats are overpowering everything else. The slow strings are pretty bad for melodic work. Bassline is pretty boring. You need better sounds bro. FL default stuff in this case isn't cutting it.

This whole piece lacks energy and is pretty repetitive throughout. I'd have more fun listening to the original NSF. :(

Check out the Remixing forum and post WIPs on the WIP&C board to get some feedback and suggestions on your stuff. You'll learn a lot. :)

NO

Actually I thought the beginning parts of the bassline were cool, but then it got a bit repetitive and changed for the worse at around the one minute mark.

This definitely tries to sound energetic, but the execution just feels a bit sluggish at times.

There's a lot of production problems here. I think the mix as a whole suffers from a lot of muddyness. There's absolutely no shimmer in the mix. Major EQ work or multiband compressing is in need here. Too much focus on the lower registers don't help the balance either.

I like the synth textures here personally, but a lot of the other sounds are kind of low quality sounding. The vocal samples do sound a bit gimmicky and cheesy.

Not up to the bar yet...

I really hope you consider working on this more, cause I see a lot of potential here. With work I think this could be great.

NO.