Indie Game Companies

GSO

Many people here look for those same jobs, so it's not likely they'd be willing to share a lot of that knowledge.

Keep checking http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39 and http://www.gamedev.net/forum/8-help-wanted/ for people looking to hire, but be warned it is a brutal and sometimes depressing business (take a look at how many composers on Gamedev advertise clones of "Composer for your Games!" posts with 0 replies) and even if you find someone willing to hire, the chances they'll actually pull through or even be coherent enough to articulate their needs for you to provide are not nearly as high as they should be.

That being said, keep the chin up and always be optimistic. This business can be pretty random and you might land a good music job within days. :grin:

I'm actually doing music for a couple indie games currently in development. So I maybe I can provide some advice from a person who's just getting into "the biz". What I learned is that it's best to bring the work to you. At least in the beginning. You can email companies all day long but most of the time they'll never respond.

The most effective thing to do, is open up a tindeck/soundcloud/youtube account and post your music on it and spread it around. Then, post ads offering your services on indie development sites like devmaster. Hell, even Vimeo's project forums is very useful for this!

Most of the big wigs only hire people who have a resume of titles. Not just in video games. Experience is everything it seems.