League of Legends: I finally updated the player list in the OP!

Garian

the gauntlet is still really ridiculously big, but she's more proportionate.

i was talking with a buddy about why she'd be so much cooler if she was actually a he, but with roughly the same proportions. think about the blatant stereotypes - there are no male melee characters that aren't rippling muscles and oversized everything. there are female melee characters, but they're all these little tiny things that just look ridiculous in-game because their hair is bigger than their body. why not have a lithe male melee champ? the only male champ that i'd say is skinny is singed, and he's a freak show.

i was talking with a buddy about why she'd be so much cooler if she was actually a he, but with roughly the same proportions. think about the blatant stereotypes - there are no male melee characters that aren't rippling muscles and oversized everything. there are female melee characters, but they're all these little tiny things that just look ridiculous in-game because their hair is bigger than their body. why not have a lithe male melee champ? the only male champ that i'd say is skinny is singed, and he's a freak show.

Ezreal. 10char

Edited by Tensei

Ezreal. 10char

ez is not a melee character. last time that i checked. he's also an asshole. the only time he ever ults is when i'm at 10hp and just getting to the base.

edit: before someone says it, GP and Kassadin are not melee champs. GP's like half and half, and double codpiece is a mage. so they don't count. i'm talking primary melee champs like spindamere or udyr.

Oh, my bad, I misread. :<

But yeah, LoL in general isn't very good at gender equality in champion designs. Come to think of it, the only game in a similar genre that IS good at it is Bloodline Champions, where heroes range from normally proportioned to obese, and where every female version has the exact same proportions as the male counterpart.

WTB female Gragas.

E: Isn't Talon melee?

Edited by Tensei

What about Shaco?

I'd say Talon, but he's probably pushing it a bit. Same for Shen.

Master Yi and Wukong?

EDIT: Go ahead and add my name to the list. DexVandar in game. I'm not the best player around, but I'm far from the worst!

lots'o'boxes is a freak show as well, but he's crossover. i'm talking straight melee, no AP. talon's skinny, but his only skin that shows that (and doesn't hide him in a cloak) makes him look like a gang member from the eighties combined with ezio. i guess he counts anyways. shen's a ninja. doesn't count. plus he's a crappy bot. pro as heck master yi has eleventy eyes and needs more doubleswords. donkey kong is a monkey.

Edited by prophetik music

Human, monkey, close enough.

On that note, I just tried Shaco for the first time ever.

...let's never speak of this night again!

EDIT No AP at all? That rules out everyone in the game except for...Talon, Xin, and Garen, doesn't it? Everyone else has at least one AP ratio on one of their skills. Probably forgetting someone obvious now...

Human, monkey, close enough.

On that note, I just tried Shaco for the first time ever.

...let's never speak of this night again!

EDIT No AP at all? That rules out everyone in the game except for...Talon, Xin, and Garen, doesn't it? Everyone else has at least one AP ratio on one of their skills. Probably forgetting someone obvious now...

not no AP at all, but not characters that can build AP properly. like teemo or shaco.

After watching a two-part

on roaming Evelynn and trying it in two games myself, I've changed my opinion on her. I think she's actually quite effective this way IF your other laners are skilled enough to take advantage of farm. If you play carefully you can force people to burn summoner spells constantly, if not outright kill them, and thus make them play far more defensively. Your teammates (particularly the solo lanes) can then get lots of farm as the other team will generally be afraid to step up. As the game progresses beyond laning, you'll have created a big advantage and the other team will be constantly wasting gold to try to counter you.

As the game progresses she can actually carry pretty well, mainly due to her ult. She should be darting in and out of fights, spamming all her abilities and picking up assists to refresh her ult (which heals her passively, among other things.) You would still want a strong AD carry on your team, but it's surprising how powerful she can be later.

...a weird Marth reference? I can kind of see it.

Whatever reference it may be, me and a friend have agreed that its probably the coolest artwork for a skin we've seen. Whoever did that art should get some kind of awesome commendation. Also the hood is a nice touch, because on her standard in-game model the back of her hair looks kinda wonky.

Really not a fan of any of the Noxian Crimson Elite skins, but I also hate the Demacian Commando skins too. Too superhero-y.

Oh my god. Rise of Immortals came out of beta, and it has some of the most unintentionally hilarious concept art. Anyone want to give this piece of shit a try with me?

i-9ZXpmhL-L.jpg

I was actually in the closed beta for that, but when I saw how horrible their champion design was, I decided against installing it.

The graphics are honestly not as bad ingame as you might think from the concept art, but what baffles me is that they released it with a pool of only 12 heroes (or 'immortals'). Other than that, it's pretty much a LoL clone as far as I'm concerned. The skills are possibly even more vanilla than LoL though.

edit: This concept art makes old Riven look amazing.

9AjjO.png

Edited by Tensei

OK, here's a champion idea. Let me know what you think. Numbers obviously can be tweaked, think more about concepts etc.

1. Roamer/Ganker

Concept: A champion who is designed to move between lanes and disrupt the enemy, creating opportunities for your team. A weaker laner/jungler, so definitely designed for constant action. Shines early and to an extent mid, less so in lategame (but hopefully will have created enough advantage by then to win.)

Stats: Uses Energy. Low-average health, average movespeed, high-average attack speed/damage, low-average armor. Ranged (500 range.) Squishy.

Passive: (Global) Gives all members of your team +5 gold per champion kill and +2 per champion assist. This increases by +1 gold per kill/assist to a maximum of +50 bonus kill gold and +20 bonus assist gold.

Q Skill: Instantly destroys 5/8/11/14/17% (+1% per 50 AP) of the target's max mana. The target can lose up to 20/23/26/29/32% (+1% per 30 AP) of their CURRENT mana over the course of 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds based on distance moved. Uses 100 energy. 14/13.5/13/12.5/12 second cooldown.

Purpose: Heavily disrupts casters by forcing them to choose between staying still (possibly endangering themselves) or losing lots of mana. Particularly good against non-casters early on without a means of regenerating much mana.

W Skill:

Passive - +5/7/9/11/13% true damage from ALL attacks, items and abilities to isolated champions (no other champions within 800 range.)

Active - Sends out a pulse of vision at the point where it was used. Provides vision for 2 seconds 200/300/400/500 range beyond normal. Uses 75 energy. 16/14/12/10/8 second CD.

Purpose: Encourages ganking and creates map awareness.

E Skill: Instantly strikes an area 700 range in front of the user in the direction you are facing (non-targetable.) Deals 100/160/220/280/340 damage (+0.5 AD) to all targets hit by it (-50% to minions.) 40 Energy, 3 second CD. Energy use and cooldown increase by 25 and 1 each time it is used within 8 seconds of the previous use.

Purpose: Primary source of damage. Basically a powerful semi-skillshot AOE that hits instantly and can be spammed, but only for a short period before its energy cost becomes too great. Heavily position-dependent.

R Skill:

Passive: Converts 5/8/11% of total movement speed (after bonuses) to bonus AD and 3/6/9% of total movement speed to AP. Eg. 400 movement speed = +44 AD, +36 AP.

Active: Creates a self-buff lasting 5/6/7 seconds. Grants +10/20/30% extra energy regeneration and 10/20/30% attack speed. Landing any basic attack or skill on a champion increases movement speed by 4/7/10 and reduces non-ult cooldowns by 0.5 seconds. 50 Energy activation cost, 100 CD.

Purpose: Encourages aggressive gameplay. With the ult active, both Q and E become more spammable and the champion becomes faster, enabling him to chase down running opponents and dive more safely.

--

Strengths: Potent roaming capability. Ganks start off with Q which limits the target's ability to counter-attack, leading into E spam. Can gank and control the map more safely with W and gains mobility with R. Mid/late game can disrupt casters while providing constant DPS through E.

Weaknesses: Squishy. No defensive abilities, hard CC or escapes. Limited carrying capability.

passive would have to be toned down. that's representing a ton of gold mid-game, i'd think. you're saying that everyone on the team gets those bonuses every time any enemy dies? and it ramps up after each kill? would assists scale separately from kills?

LOVE the q. there's nothing like that in-game.

w is a bit meh, since it'd be of limited value early or late game. only useful mid-game when people start to wander, or against mid early. not side lanes or late during teamfights.

r is cool.

this is relative to our eve game yesterday, isn't it?

biggest change i'd have would be to change W and R's passive to be non-functional during cooldown.

Followed this build, went 22/9/16 + a win because of insane split pushing. Bonus enemy Gangplank QQing about my 'nooby' build. Replay here.

Also, the Q ability on Zircon's hero consists of the exact two things Riot will never put into their champion designs; Manaburn and Bloodseekers Rupture. Both of those were used as examples of 'anti-fun', which I thought was pretty amusing. :<

Edited by Tensei