Red vs Blue: Season 9

Thin Crust

This show inspired me. I (I honestly can't believe I'm admitting this) actually started to write fanfiction of it. Then I got bored. Then I finished a chapter. Then got bored. Then started watching Season 9 and haven't touched the fanfiction since.

I'm making a full Grif armor. Out of foam. My friend is making himself Caboose...and a female friend of ours wants Donut's armor.

So, yeah, I LOVE THIS SHOW!

RT posted an update for us.

It Ain't Over Yet...

So, we've noticed a few people wondering if episode 19 is the last episode of RvB this season. It is not. Episode 20 will be the finale, and it will be released at our normally scheduled time of 9pm central (7pm for sponsors) on Monday, Nov. 14. Those of you lucky enough to get tickets to the premiere screening at the Alamo Theater this Thursday will get to see the ending a few days early. (No spoilers, guys!)

The last few weeks have been incredibly busy for us. Burnie is currently hard at work pounding out the script for season 10. Monty has been busy expanding his mocap and animation setup for even more complex animation (if such a thing is even possible). And as you can see, I'm writing this journal, so clearly I'm doing my fair share too.

We're incredibly excited for you all to see the conclusion of season 9 next week. Thanks for the overwhelmingly positive feedback and encouragement we've received this year. It really does make a difference. You can pre-order the DVD now in our store and buy it at Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, and other retailers across North America on Tuesday, Nov. 15. We'll have more details about it and the RT Shorts Volume 3 DVD very soon. And look for a new short online this Friday.

Thanks everyone,

Matt

I've got a question about Tex. I understand most of the storyline since I've been following red vs blue since episode one, but i'm a little confused about how Tex, or Allison, fits in again. I took a long break before watching season 9, and so I dont remember all the details from the previous three seasons where all the explaining happened. I know shes related to the director somehow, in that I think she was his love? So how did she get brought back when Alpha, or church, was created? Does this mean that, except for how the director knew here, she was never a "real" person, in the same sense as church was always just Alpha?

I've got a question about Tex. I understand most of the storyline since I've been following red vs blue since episode one, but i'm a little confused about how Tex, or Allison, fits in again. I took a long break before watching season 9, and so I dont remember all the details from the previous three seasons where all the explaining happened. I know shes related to the director somehow, in that I think she was his love? So how did she get brought back when Alpha, or church, was created? Does this mean that, except for how the director knew here, she was never a "real" person, in the same sense as church was always just Alpha?

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

The mystery surrounding Tex really wasn't clear until this last episode. For anyone else reading this, what happens is that there were 3 persons named "Church". The director of project freelancer was the first. Then he made an AI based on himself. Watch

to understand where all of the Freelancer AI's come from.

Alpha Church is the Church that we all know and love from the original season 1.

After the AI: Alpha (second Church) died at the end of Reconstruction, Caboose used the AI: Epsilon to recreate his friend Church. Epsilon was the Alpha's memories. So thus we see Epsilon Church (Third Church) who was the church that we see all this season in the canyon with the reds and the blues. At the end of season 8, Tex is trapped inside a memory unit (think USB drive) and epsilon church goes after her as the memory unit is failing. During the current season, Church thinks the memory unit is finally about to die, but instead, Caboose is trying to get his best friend back. I guess it's better then making a forth church.

So on to Tex (sorry for the delay.) Tex was there at Season 1, after all of the AI were fragmented from the original Alpha. You are right in that Tex was Director Church's lover from long ago. And the memory of her was so strong, that when the Alpha AI was split, it formed 2 parts that were it's memories. The first one was Epsilon, and the other was Tex.

Sorry I can't articulate it very well, but that's how it happened.

Spoiler Alert

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed to kick start my memories( no pun intended).

But now that I think about it, I think Tex was created along with the Alpha; for the same reasons as you said, but just with Alpha rather than Epsilon. This is because the timing of everything makes more sense that way. This season we saw that Alpha the AI program, before he became Church in the blue army, existed throughout the activites of the agents in the flashbacks. Towards the end we saw the creation of Delta, implying that the Alpha had been split. But Tex was there as a new agent before that happened, right? So how could she have been created yet if Epsilon hadn't?

That brings me to my only other question. What happened to make the jump from the Alpha AI we briefly saw this season, the the "Alpha Church" in seasons 1-5? As Alpha the AI, he seems quite bad***, doing calculations like Delta would (which makes sense because at that time Delta was "inside" him along w/ the other AI Fragments.). So why is it that when he is turned into a "person", he practically loses all of his "awesomeness".

Hey, you're absolutely right. I didn't catch that Tex was made before the other AI.

Anyway, about Church being pretty lame in seasons 1-5. At 3:20 of

it talks about Alpha Church losing all his functions. The little that we saw of Alpha in Season 9, he was a complete AI. But when they started harvesting fragments or purified, compartmentalized emotions (The freelancer AI's) Alpha Church was not able to use these fragments that were cast off of himself. That's why he can never land a sniper shot lol. After all of the AI's were taken from Alpha Church, Season 1 begins.

But you know, it's obvious that RoosterTeeth did not plan for season 9 when writing the first episodes. It was originally going to be a simple 6 episodes but it just got so popular so fast that they expanded the story to what it is today. I'm actually amazed that they were able to reconcile the story like they did. I mean, saying the time travel from season 3 didn't happen was kind of disappointing, but all in all, I couldn't add on stories like Season 6-9 after seeing the first 5.

Here's something for everyone.

the_girls_by_montyoum-d4gfswz.png

Hey, the armor actually fits in this pic.

product_1315409167f.jpg

You know what? I can name everyone on that picture, but the blue one. Who is he/she?

Also, in

we find out that there are 49 freelancers. I wonder when we get to meet the rest of them.

And last but not least, I leave you with this reenactment from the last episode of season 5........with a twist.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a little behind the scenes from Season 9.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=4014&v=trending

Just so you know, I don't think that all the episodes will be available for the general public for too much longer. RoosterTeeth usually takes down past seasons and only allows full viewing of the most current season with select episodes from the past getting some spotlight for a little while. Kind of like free on demand tv shows.

I'll start up another thread when season 10 comes around. Later.

EDIT: I just found this new RedVsBlue miniseries in production called RvB: MIA. It's on Halo waypoint. Here it is.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Community/overview/roosterteeth