Red vs Blue: Season 9

Thin Crust

So the first episode of Red vs Blue: Project Freelancer comes out tomorrow. Is anyone excited, or has everyone moved on but me? Trailer below.

Season 9 is a prequel detailing the escapades of the freelancers before the story begins to settle down on our beloved reds and blues in their box canyon. Honestly, I think the direction that the series took is amazing. Season 6: Reconstruction is still my favorite season out of the 8 in that it is the first to shift the focus on the overseeing project that the reds and blues were a part of.

Episode 1.

Episode 2.

Episode 3.

Episode 4.

Episode 5.

Episode 6.

Episode 7.

Episode 8.

Episode 9.

Episode 10.

Episode 11.

Episode 12.

Episode 13.

Episode 14.

Episode 15.

Episode 16.

Episode 17.

Episode 18.

Episode 19.

Episode 20.

What I did on my summer vacation PSA

Gamer Etiquette PSA

Drafted PSA

Little behind the scenes.

If you haven't seen RvB in a few years, you should check out the new animation style they have going.

I haven't watched RvsB since they were just using Halo 2 assets. So how is this done now? Last I remember it was just footage of people monkeying around in Multiplayer. So are they animating this? using assets from other games? What is it?

I haven't watched RvsB since they were just using Halo 2 assets. So how is this done now? Last I remember it was just footage of people monkeying around in Multiplayer. So are they animating this? using assets from other games? What is it?

Do you remember that video, "Haloid" by Monty Oum years ago?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/haloid-monty-oum/18747

Roosterteeth grabbed him and now he's animating scenes here and there with motion capture tech in the new Roosterteeth office. The games they used were

Halo 1: Season 1, season 2, part of season 3.

Halo 2: Part of season 3, season 4, season 5.

Halo 3: Season 6, season 7, season 8.

Halo Reach: Season 9.

They started animating this and that starting at season 8.

Do you remember that video, "Haloid" by Monty Oum years ago?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/haloid-monty-oum/18747

Roosterteeth grabbed him and now he's animating scenes here and there with motion capture tech in the new Roosterteeth office. The games they used were

Halo 1: Season 1, season 2, part of season 3.

Halo 2: Part of season 3, season 4, season 5.

Halo 3: Season 6, season 7, season 8.

Halo Reach: Season 9.

They started animating this and that starting at season 8.

Hmm, thanks for explaining. This seems interesting. The first episode posted was pretty good.

Oh my God! Oh my God! Episode 2 is unbelievable! The best I've ever seen from them. I'm a sponsor so I get an early viewing, but it goes available to the public in a half hour. I'll update you guys when it's here.

EDIT: Sorry, I guess it comes out in another hour. I'll be in bed by that time so someone else will have to link it. (I'm interning at a hospital right now so I need my sleep)

Episode 3 is out. Here you go.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=3384

Episode 3 of Red vs. Blue Season 9 is now live, and it features a couple of very cool guest appearances. If you were watching tonight and thought, "What the firetruck? Are those the guys from Smosh?" The answer is a big fat yes, milky milkshake. Ian and Anthony turned in an awesome cameo performance for us. It was our first time working with them and they really nailed it. Thanks guys.

We also have some excellent supporting voice work from none other than the attendees of RTX 2011. During the studio tour we recorded everybody saying and acting out a bunch of different random things. It was one of my favorite parts of RTX, and I'm glad that we were able to work in several of the audio recordings into tonight's episode. If you were at RTX, put on your best pair of earphones and see if you can hear yourself in there. Hope to do it again next year.