OCR03804 - *YES* Seiken Densetsu 3 "Mother of Turmoil"

DragonAvenger

Hello :)

I was contacted by Meteo Xavier, and was asked to do a remix. He then pointed me to the ocremix page, and suggested that I submit the track for inclusion on your main page. All info is below. If anyone has any Qs, please feel free to contact me.

Link:

Name: Jeff Hayat
Email: 
User id: n/a - not a forum member

Game: Seiken Densetsu 3
Arrangement name: 'Mother Of Turmoil'
Original song name: 'Female Turbulence'
Original composer: Hiroki Kikuta

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty nice sequencing, but melodically and structurally, it is very similar to the source. There is a good deal of embellishment, however which makes it unique, and the brass and woodwind additions are very well thought out.

Overall it doesn't stray from the source, but it really takes the original to the next level in a very confident manner.

Yes

• 1 month later...

Something about the opening notes feels kind of awkward to me, but once other instruments come in, I love the sequencing. I can't help but agree with Andrew that overall while this stays close melodically to the source, there is a ton of expansion and embellishment that really adds a lot of epic feel to the original.

Looking forward to more subs from you, hope you add some more of your own touch, too!

YES

• 1 month later...

Wow, very nicely produced orchestral piece here. Nicely mixed parts and very effective sequencing of the various parts.

Watch the reverb of the big percussion parts and it adds a lot of "boomy" noise to the mix.

Arrangement-wise, I agree that this is very much on the conservative side for what we're looking for here. The melodic & harmonic work in general matches the original. Though they're are some structural changes to the song in general. Sections like 1:41 definitely help this this regard as you've retained original elements, but arranged them in a creative way.

This is a tough call to have something so well produced, but yet this conservatively arranged. I'm going to go Yes, borderline on arrangement as I think this is cutting it close, but does have some personalized elements helping it just squeak by.

• 3 weeks later...

Structurally yes this is very conservative but there's a lot to be said for the detail going on here. Combined with the dynamics and build ups that were absent from the original and I think you have a worthwhile arrangement that is produced very well. Maybe too much reverb as there is a bit of mud going on but it's not a huge issue.

Imma pass this, but try and branch out a bit more in your arrangements in the future. You clearly have an orchestration talent, use it!

YES

• 3 weeks later...

Just throwing a quick note on here to co-sign with the rest of the Js. Definitely conservative, but there's enough personalization, additive writing and dynamic alterations to squeak by, per Nutri's call.

Definitely branch out more in the future, like Fishy noted, but still a solid debut, Jeff. I DEFINITELY hope we hear more gold like this!

YES

It just makes me put a hex on the panel for rejecting AeroZ's super interpretive take. :-P