Guy_Sweater

George Hufnagl

george@my-escape.net

http://my-escape.net/

Submission Information

Angry Birds

Anger is for the Birds

Main Title Theme

I was going to submit an arrangement of the Angry Birds theme for a contest under the theme of "magic," but since it was cancelled, I decided to have fun with it in a different direction. It is a Metal/Rock inspired aesthetic in 5/4 time, sprinkled with squealies, deedlies and ba dumby dums for good measure.

------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUdW8gmZpFA

• 5 weeks later...

the arrangement itself was pretty great, if a bit liberal, but the production itself wasn't really working for me. Sometimes the guitar sounded good, and sometimes it was too fake sounding. The drums also lacked much body. Hitting up the WIP forum to get some detailed production tips would definitely help, especially in regards to the drum sound.

Arrangement, as I said earlier was cool, and I was really feeling the progressive rock angle, but often got a little too far off the tracks; I do think that with the song being only 2 minutes long, having a section of it that was more straight ahead and dominant source use would make things feel better overall.

Really love the idea, just needs some more time in development. :-)

No, please resubmit

This is interesting, because despite knowing it was in 5/4, I had a hard time placing the downbeat for a majority of this. The lack of emphasis is part of it, and it seems like there is some mixed-meter sections as well. Time signatures aside, the arrangement was quirky and interesting to listen to. Andrew mentions that this gets away from the source, and I don't think it's quite to the level he is mentioning, but I will agree that having a little more will help things out here.

The sounds overall I think could use some more realization, and overall it felt like a lot of the track was crowded together. I can hear some panning, but maybe toying around with it some more will help things spread out. Quoting Andrew once more, the drums definitely need some more oomph.

NO (resubmit)

Sorry, my man, really not feeling this track at all. The source tune was used enough, but the sequencing is just super unrealisitic and mechanical-sounding, and the guitar chugs at :17 sounded extremely fake and atonal.

The melody sounded off-key from :38-:48 & 1:21-1:32, and NOTHING clicks together as far as the instrumentation, so the textures sounded loud yet sparse & flimsy. The resolution at the end is poorly written as well.

Just brutal to listen to, you need to really get the fundamentals down as far as building something cohesive.

NO