*NO* Kingdom Hearts 'A Symphonic Dream'

djpretzel

Hello there,

Once again I would like to try and submit this remix. The last time it was to large, now I converted it to 128 Kbps and now it is under the 6 MB limit.

Title: Kingdom Hearts - A Symphonic Dream

Link:

Remixer: TheNelis

email: info@nielsvanderleest.com

Hope it works this time and I hope hearing from you soon.

Sincerly yours,

Niels van der Leest

Dubbeldamseweg Zuid 122

3314 JA, Dordrecht

The Netherlands

www.nielsvanderleest.com

info@nielsvanderleest.com

• 2 weeks later...

The introduction is supposed to be dramatic but it lacks any subtlety...the first minute or so is completely monotone..the sound quality is lacking, and perhaps because of this, there's a lot of mud and mush between the instruments. The lower strings ought to have faster attack, the groove that is supposed to be pushing the track forward sounds like it's melting.

the transition at 4:30 is welcome, but too late.

This piece generally needs to sound cleaner, and perhaps trimming off a minute or two couldnt hurt.

NO

All of the problems Vig had were on point per the usual, so read over those again. Interesting arrsangement of "Dearly Beloved" at :33, but it indeed sounded monotone-ish. The samples sound decent I suppose, but you need a ton of work on sound balance among your instruments (like for the intro) as well as realism. The performance sounds inhuman & unexpressive and has absolutely no punch to it. In particular, your usage of "Destiny's Force", starting at 1:20, really pales in comparison to the original in terms of having a strong sound.

This definitely had medley-itis. The transition into "Traverse Town" at 4:19 wasn't welcome with me actually, on account of it being so abrupt. It just changed the key and tone of the whole thing with no buildup. Then at 5:35 had an absolutely awful transition into "Blast Away!-Gummi Ship". Just no planning to structure logical changes in the transitions. Came across as sounding slapped together. Very cheesy percussion ending at 6:10. Keep at it, Niels, but get more practice at orchestration via the ReMixing forum as well as fan feedback from the Work-in-Progress boards.

NO

I gotta agree with Vig on that opening. It's pretty lifeless and dull. Needs tension and dynamics. It's way too long. There seems to be a dull hum thoughout most of the first half of the mix. Needs more percussion in order drive the piece forward; that timpani isn't cutting it. Everything sounds muddy, and it's bleeding together. Your strings are too slow. It isn't exciting; it sounds like it's making pretense at being exciting.

That transtion at 4:19 sounds like you just started a new mix altogether. Where the heck did it come from? Nowhere. Sounds like you threw it in because you needed to make your mix longer. Same for the transition around 5:40. It's not so much a transition as a jarring change of song.

Medlyitis arrangement, muddy mixing. It's not working for me. Needs lots of work.

NO

For what seems to be going for orchestral, this is an awfully empty sounding mix.

Like the others were saying, it really seems like you were trying to go for a dramatic, driving piece, but the whole thing feels a bit lifeless- which may be caused by the muddy lowend and a timpani that doesn't really have the needed "oomf" to get this thing going.

But more than that- there is zero flow to this mix. The styles of the different pieces in the medley have next to nothing to do with each and there was no attention paid to transitions between the themes.

NO