*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Jamsha'

djpretzel

My main problem with this mix is the mixing is pretty messy. Levels are all over the place. The leads are so thin, as if you over EQ'd them and put some high pass filter on the entire mix. There's absolutely no body in this mix. Over trebled, thin, quiet leads, with semi loud bass and drums. There's no middle and bottom frequencies. This results in a very sparse, and thin sounding mix.

Might be just me, but some of the notes the piano hits earlier on in the mix don't sit well with me either. They sound off.

Decent arrangement, but the execution is just severely lacking. This needs a lot of polish and a reassesment of the concept. It's overly long with not many hooks in here. I would cut out about 4 minutes of this and focus on the best parts of it. Fade out ending is also rather abrupt and not pulled off well.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/gym/SK+SONIC3.RAR - 12 "IceCap Zone (Act 1)"

Yeah, I'm not gonna waste too much time on this material. Gray & Dan already broke it down very throughly, so I'm just echoing their statements. Very default-ish sounds, repetitive compostion and thin sounds and poor production. Use the WIP forum for more feedback next time and see what information the ReMixing forum holds to become more proficient with your work.

NO