Gears of War 3

prophetik music

didn't see a thread in here, and i made the gears 2 thread, so whatever.

what do you all think? i love the campaign to pieces. the storyline is somewhat reasonable, the new locations look incredible and not just like the same big cave, and the unique enemies to the game add a lot of interest to the play-through itself. also, beast mode and horde 2.0 are pretty awesome. the new difficulty scaling in Horde 2.0 is awesome, as it means you actually have to be good to do anything. beast is hilarious because you can play as a ticker or a boomer (my two favorites).

i wrote a review on hawtwired (i'm a contributing editor there) and i talk a lot about the different aspects of the game, breaking down the good and the bad. you should take a look.

anyone else get it?

I actually got it about 8 days early and had a blast with the campaign (took me about 18-20 hours to finish). I think it's not only the best Gears yet but also one of the best shooters out there right now. And I can't thank EPIC enough to provide 3D support because the experience was exponentially better in 3D; it's currently the absolute best 3D XBOX360 game.

I actually got it about 8 days early and had a blast with the campaign (took me about 18-20 hours to finish). I think it's not only the best Gears yet but also one of the best shooters out there right now. And I can't thank EPIC enough to provide 3D support because the experience was exponentially better in 3D; it's currently the absolute best 3D XBOX360 game.

jtag much? :< i know it showed up on trackers way early, but was only jtag-compatible because of the new XDG3 anti-piracy file format, or whatever it's called.

i agree that it's clearly the best 3D game out there. just stellar support, really adds to the gameplay. i finished the game almost in one sitting though - on normal difficulty, i spent roughly 8 or 9 hours total on it with a coop partner. dunno how long it'd take on higher difficulties without a buddy.

I thought Gears 1 was great. Gears 2 was even better. I beat both of them uncountable times. :3 Took down RAAM on Insane with my brother-in-law. We cheered loudly when he died even though it was the middle of the night and there were people sleeping right under us. Through the floor I mean.

So Gears 3 should be even better eh? I gotta wait until gamefly ships it, which could take weeks. :-(

I thought Gears 1 was great. Gears 2 was even better. I beat both of them uncountable times. :3 Took down RAAM on Insane with my brother-in-law. We cheered loudly when he died even though it was the middle of the night and there were people sleeping right under us. Through the floor I mean.

So Gears 3 should be even better eh? I gotta wait until gamefly ships it, which could take weeks. :-(

biggest issue with the first two games were the incredible amounts of glitches and game-breaking misfires that would happen. a good example is in the fight against Skorge (end of act four, GoW2). occasionally you'd glitch about fifteen feet above the floor, but Skorge could still saw you or grenade you as if you were on the ground. happened three times when i was trying to beat him on insane.