It's time for some Touhou, OCR! How about Necrofantasia?

Tye The Czar

I find OCR's lack of Touhou music... disturbing.:banghead:

The easiest way to alleviate this is to simply have more remixes.

Here's my first request on OC Remix:

Song:

Game: Touhou Yoyoumu - Perfect Cherry Blossom

Composer: ZUN

Style Requested: Dance, I would appreciate that its arrangement sound specifically like The Prodigy's Invaders Must Die or Pendulum's Slam.;-)

Here's the Youtube link for Necrofantasia:

UN owen was her became a strange obessesion of mine. Back a little while ago I didn't go a day without listening/playing the song repeatedly across everything I had.

I had planned a remix for it but to be honest I'm completely sick of hearing it right now ^^ Plus it doesn't help that there several thousand remixes of various quality all over youtube dedicated to that one song.

I definitely agree. The lack of Touhou is disturbing.

But you can find many great Touhou Doujin Cover Circles in the Japan vicinity.

I know some great ones that do Necrofantasia well. (A personal favourite of mine as well, too bad I suck at the level. Haha)

Crow's Claw and Demetori have some pretty good metal covers. Guitar work you wont find on OCR too.

Japanese guitarists are just freakin' insane.

If you don't listen to any Touhou bands, I would recommend Shibayan Records, Alstromeria Records, Crow's Claw and Unlucky Morpheus. Maybe even Sound Holic.

Just go out there and find them, it's incredible how big a scene it is for such an obscure game.

• 1 month later...

All in all, Touhou's music needs more Western love!

In fact, we need more shmup remixes. RPG remixes from Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger(by the way... where's my Xenoblade remixes, guys?) is all fine and dandy, but we need more variety if we want to evolve - and that means trying out untested songs.

Necrofantasia, of course, would be the best place to start!

You mean the literal THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of doujin Touhou arrange albums coming out of Japan every day doesn't do anything for you? :-P

(I agree it would be cool to see some more Touhou stuff on OCR, though.)

Seriously, Touhou seems to be the subject of 80% of all Japanese doujin albums. Why settle for two or three OCR remixes when there are literally hundreds of Touhou songs on Japanese doujin albums? Check out www.vgmdb.net for more