Fairy Fountain Orchestral Cover

Meteo Xavier

Howdy, I'm trying to practice my orchestral skills and create some tracks to help beef up my Youtube page some and one of the first tracks I wanted to work with was this little Fairy Fountain ditty.

The arrangement is about where I want it, I just want to know whats off that I could reasonably fix. This is not mastered, I mean to master it. The string section I had trouble with so I'm open to working on that.

Finished -

How do I change it to Finished on the topic title?

I love the fairy fountain theme, and it's always great to see it being arranged. I like the overall direction of this, but there are a few things to comment on.

I thought the continuous double bass staccato was a bit at odds with the gentle choir and harp in the backgroun. Even changing it to a soft pizz might make it a bit softer. The only other things for the strings, is to cres. and then dim. each phrase, but I'm sure you'll get around to that soon =)

The other thing that stuck out is the harmony that the choir sings at some points throughout the song. I'm at hospital so I don't think I can download anything to give you specific times, but from what I'm hearing the choir singing the D --> E flat is quite jarring(unless my pitch is off haha). However, maybe others might warm up to it more.

Apart from those two main things, I still enjoyed the cover - hope to see it on your channel soon :D

Haha, those were only suggestions, but keep the changes if you like it. In regards to the string section doing those swells, most string players will do that naturally, and myself personally would do that a little for that passage, but it is up to how you want it. You might want a constant, warm sound from the strings, a blanket of sound effect =)

The vocals sound better harmonized to me, I'm probably just used to boring chords haha.

The pizzicato works well when all the other instruments come in, but it still feels a bit too loud and mechanical in how it is played early on imo. Maybe make it softer when it enters, and add some dynamics to the pizz so it follows the melody, but either way, keep up the good work =)

Well do share it around so I can find incentive to make more just like it. :)

Thank you Angel.

No problem. Still though, I love the hell out of your Metroid remix on youtube the most.

and holy crap. Check that shit out! I've apparently reached "Ryu Hayabusa" level now. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that I've posted 701 times...

Good work with the cineharp - sounds really really good. The vocals feel a little late - they change note slightly after the beat to me. And their melody seems a little random (particularly at the beginning). I'm not sure if you're basing this on a different fairies fountain that has all these things or if it's very interpretative? I really like all the key changes, they work a treat. I think all the other stuff is very subtle and I had no problems with it at all. Good work.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to bump this one more time and see if I can get any additional comments on my orchestration. My MIDI GUIDE TO ORCHESTRATION came in and I want to coincide some notes to it.

Thank you!

Keep the music comin'

I've listened to this several times and it's still just awesome. I still like your metroid remix the most though.