Soul magic ost free download

Calum

A visual novel project that started here on OCR has unfortunately died today - fortunately for you though, the soundtrack I wrote is now available for free (or pay what you like, as i put a whole load of work and time into it)!

It's sad that the project didn't work out but i'm glad i can finally get this music out there.

http://calumbowen.bandcamp.com/album/soul-magic-original-soundtrack

p.s. the tracks were designed to loop so some endings may appear a little strange :)

Well, that's too bad the PMM visual novel had to be cancelled, but you stuck till the end and that's what matters. ;-)

And it shows: you've killed it man. Really captured the spirit of both the anime and Yuki Kajiura's work. Really good and versatile album right there. :nicework:

Mellow emotional pieces flirt with eerie unsettling tunes, while high energy rock share the stage with ethereal pads and uplifting world music for good measure.

Dreams of Happiness just blew me away, reminding me at times of the Chrono Cross soundtrack and

Might I be so bold to ask what you used to make this piece? Was it live instrumentation?

Also, some tracks reminded me of Biohazard, like for exemple when listening to 'My Oath', I can't help but hear

Same with 'Loss of my Heart' which reminded me of Credit Line from Biohazard 2. Not that it's a bad thing mind you.

Anyway, I know how it feels to finally be able to share something you've been working on and had to keep under wraps.

So congrats on the release, and again for an awesome job on this soundtrack Calum. It was a real treat to listen to. :)

Thanks Mokram, it really means a lot. For Dreams of Happiness, I was using my own cheap acoustic guitar recorded with an sm57 i think and then some samples from stormdrum 2 for the percussion (there was some really nice folky stuff among the epic drums) and EWQL pianos gold for the piano. Real DI Bass. The flutey thing was something somewhere on the EWQL Composers Complete Collection. But yeah, i really strived for live instrumentation and a really nice folky feel. I'm glad you saw a bit of windwaker in it - it's an absolute favourite of mine. You've given me a lot of stuff that i've never heard of in my work which is only a good thing! :) Thanks so much for the in depth feedback.

When I think of PMM music it's either very heavy and angsty or blissfull.

I think you captured this :)

There are some really beautiful songs like My Oath.

That's really strange because i've never listened to any PMM music! :) I guess the topic just struck me in the same kind of way as the composer of the PMM stuff.

Mmm, My Oath might be my favourite. Thank you for listening Dissidia

@Rukunetsu

thanks so much, i'm really glad people can finally hear it

Just to add this is really fantastic stuff. Shame the project you started it for will never come to light, but what you've done more than stands up on its own.

Full of soul and natural beauty; it's a treat to listen to.

Thanks swifthorn :). I think a visual novel is a great medium - although you have to be careful not to get in the way of the reader's internal voice when they're playing, the lack of dominating visuals/animation means that the music is able to carry the narrative quite a bit so I didn't feel like i had to hold back too much!

I'm really glad I was able to make the music regardless of where it goes :)

I wasn't sure if it was gonna be my cup of tea but there's some lovely stuff here. Wrath was surprisingly meaty, loved the guitar playing and the organ parts. Dreams of Happiness also made me think of Windwaker and Chrono Cross, I particularly enjoyed the bass part, had a Mitsuda vibe about it but yeah quality song. My Oath was pretty heart felt, probably the most touching song on the ost. I also thought Uncertainty had a great unsettling mood, those types of songs don't always hit at me but it was pretty striking.

There's a lot of quality here, it's sad when projects die I've been through it before. Glad you can share the music though if I wasn't strapped for cash I'd toss some your way. Keep up the good work!