Remixer Name: MFBaggins

E-Mail Address: mfbaggins@hotmail.com

Forum Name: MFBaggins

Remix info:

Name of Game Remixed: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Name of Song Remixed: "The Legendary Hero"

Name of Remix: "Hero of Legend"

Song Comments:

This is my first ReMix both for OCR and overall. It is a ReMix of the beloved Legendary Hero. Since the theme has been remixed so often before, it was difficult to create something origonal. But I'm very pleased with the results. Some of the best sequnces came together by total accident, others, flowed like natural, and although that may be a disadvantage, I believe it gave me the inspiration I needed to make this mix epic enough to compete with such awesome works as DrakeSword's Ancient Hero.

Opened with some MIDI-grade instrumentation with the strings; very artificial sounding. The wind stuff was a bit better, and the vox was average. Not many elements were in play here at any give time, using reverb/delay on the vox to fill up the soundfield instead. Not a bad tempo change around the two minute mark. That hand percussion stuff that came in at that time was too loud/prominent over the top of the other sounds. Finally some meat to the arrangement with some brass at 2:57, though for me that's too little too later. The soundfield was pretty swamped from that point onward. Not bad, but nothing that varied much in the arrangement or stood out as interesting. Keep at it, bro. Definitely not bad at all for a first mix.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, the intro nearly killed it for me.

it gets a lot more interesting when the flute comes in as it serves a very emotive purpose along with the creeping strings but the intro drags on for too long and the piece doesn't get interesting till much later.

orchestration and arrangement from that point on is lacking... things either come and go or they don't go anywhere. you have to bring other instruments and tempo changes in at much more coherent points in a piece - this is just not effective.

definetly impressive for a first remix. i don't think my first remix was nearly as sensible as this. it shows at least that you have a sense of musicality.

keep it up and you'll be kickin ass.

NO

Liontamer was correct in his assertion that the arrangement was at it's strongest from 2:57 to 4:02 with the added brass and timpanis and during the acceleration at 2:00. Otherwise, him and Zyko already covered the basses as far as what's missing.

I would suggest you aim for something shorter than 4:45 next time. Try little things like when the melody is holding a note for a while, another instrument in the same register can play a line that sounds nice with that note and then settle into a note that will sound good with the next part of the melody. I would suggest you keep yourself from using things like harps and choirs because they are easy ways to make smaller sections sound much bigger so without them you will be forced to more significantly develope your orchestration skills. Same goes for any sort of percussion, especially timpanis. IF YOU WANT TO LEARN TO WALK THE FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS GET RID OF THOSE CRUTCHES!!.... or I think that would make it easier anyway.

So when I'm saying NO to this song.... I'm really saying YES to you developing further as a musician.

n0

Like shna said, the choirs are used to fill out the sound without actually doing anything interesting or complex. the choirs and strings are painfully simple. waay too many dotted half notes. like shna says, the dynamics are created by adding volume on the lines, not by adding any harmonic complexity.

too simple.

NO