OceansAndrew

Console: Nintendo

Game: Rambo

Track Title: Main Theme

Composer: Unknown

Arrangement: Trance style

Remix Producer: JT

Mixing/ Mastering: JT

Source info: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/index-classic.html

Scroll down to "Rambo"

Classic remix of a very progressive track from the Rambo video game.

Driving synths, Crisp highs, And punchy low end make this a win.

This is my first submission so if I need to change anything about it for the next time please let me know.

Been wanting to get a remix into you guys for a while now. I just created a profile for the forums as well.

When I tried to view my profile It says "may not have sufficient privileges",

so I do not have an ID Number to give you.

I hope to be working with you soon.

Regards,

-Jeff (JT)

• 2 months later...

Pretty sweet source, definitely something I've never heard before, so it was cool to listen to it. You've got a fairly straight-forward take on the source, putting it into a trance/electronica setting here. While there's nothing wrong with doing that, what I'm noticing is that once you establish the theme, the song is on auto-pilot until the end. Overall you could add a lot more to this, either varying up the theme, dropping out and adding parts, and definitely adding some original melodies and sections of your own to help keep the interest flowing and keep things from getting repetitive. You've got a good establishment right now, but it needs more embellishments.

Production is pretty clear, so you've got that going for you. I'd say this might be suffering from some overcompression, and might be a little heavy in the mid-ranges. I'd love to hear more sonic variety overall, and I would definitely appreciate more fills and some change-ups in the drum loops.

Variety is what I'm really lacking here, to really set this apart from a standard trance edition of the song. You've got some work ahead of you, but you've also got a solid start.

NO

the song is on auto-pilot until the end.

Yeah basically this. This is an example of a very cookie-cutter trance track. Really long build-up, extremely basic treatment of the source, and then a long outro. I'm not really digging this piece; very little in the way of dynamics. The percussion is almost exactly the same throughout the entire piece and it sounds like most of the synths are sitting around the midrange.

This needs way more. More dyamics, fuller soundscape, etc. Really gotta expand this piece and go beyond the basic stuff.

NO