Audio Engineering: A Tribute to Cid - History

Mirby

Drop the sidegame cids nobody gives three farts from a tit about the sidegame cids

Also I have a spare unused arrangement for ff1 airship that I could send to Rexy and have her change it a bit if you'd be open to that, but I did abandon it for a reason, though it's pretty cool I guess. She could change it up and make it nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Mirby: After replaying through FFXII, I'm able to confirm that 'Theme of the Empire' is not used during Cid's appearances.

Some battle themes are associated with him, such as Challenging the Empire, and Speechless Fight, but they're not exclusive.

His character theme is in fact Dark Night (Imperial Version), which is played during most cutscenes that involves him and Venat.

So I will be switching focus from Theme of the Empire to Dark Night (IV). Just letting you know so you can update the tracklist.

Btw, there's another Cid in this game: Al Cid Margrace. And yes, it's the same character you can recruit in FFTA2. ;-)

I was not aware of the first part, but was aware of the second.

Also, if a song can be linked to Cid (not necessarily played during his appearances, but linked) then it can be remixed. Since Cid is a scientist of the empire, I figured that Theme of the Empire would be a reasonable link.

But you can remix any of those tracks you've named if you want; I'm not too worried about it. I only ask that you get a ~33% WIP to me by the 6th.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mirb! Fyi these tracks are not the themes of Cid for the respective two FFT games:

FF Tactics - Cidolfus Orlandeau

___-Trisection

FF Tactics A2 - Cid

___-Companions That Surpassed Their Tribe

The correct Cid's themes are: Thunder God Cid's Theme (FFT) and Cid (FFTA2).

When you're not sure, a quick search on VGMdb is generally the way to go. ;-)

PS: once I've made enough progress with my FFXII Cid theme, and if no one has picked them, I'll be more than willing to arrange both.

Hey Mirb! Fyi these tracks are not the themes of Cid for the respective two FFT games:

The correct Cid's themes are: Thunder God Cid's Theme (FFT) and Cid (FFTA2).

When you're not sure, a quick search on VGMdb is generally the way to go. ;-)

PS: once I've made enough progress with my FFXII Cid theme, and if no one has picked them, I'll be more than willing to arrange both.

Thanks for the corrections! And if you'd like to, go ahead! ^.^

Today is the mystical magical day known as Deadline Day for our little project here. OP has been updated big-time and for those of you on this project who don't have a WIP in yet and haven't talked to me yet, please do so ASAP.

Otherwise, happy mixing and next deadline is July 6, 2012!!

oh and you can still claim other Cid tracks if you want, but now I require that you make a small WIP of it beforehand. we're moving along here, folks, and i'd like to be as time-efficient here as possible regarding any new claims.